How much can I yeild per plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnapeelsed, May 31, 2018.

1. Hi all, now I know this is a broad question and their are many different factors...
    BUT, I have 5 girls in 5 gallon pots. Under 1000 watt hps. Soil is fox farm ocean forest. I'm using tecna flora nutes(which I heard are shit, but will use better next time). What do y'all think I can expect to yield? IMG_0316.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 1 gram a watt is a good goal but there's lots of factors involved. For example if you don't veg long enough you won't reach that. Guessing yeilds is next to impossible

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Diatt, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    That a 4x4? I would recommend a 600 watt instead. And What is your hood? I can see a very intense spot on the plant under it. It looks like either you are watering too often or your plants are hating all that intense light. See how the leaves are cowering downward? They should be flat, thin, light green and perky.

Having too much light can hurt your overall yield. If you filled your tent up with a bud in every hole with each stalk being around 2 ft along with good conditions, I say 1.5lb would be a good number to reach for. Your current grow I want to guess you’ll get 6-10 oz. But you also understand many factors decide that. If your going to use a 1000 watt, I recommend a 5x5 with atleast 3 feet above the plant. If your able to dial down the ballast to 50%

The question is more how much can I grow per light more than per plant. Light and space are two big deciding factors to your question. Not really base nutrients or anything like that. Because you can fill up a 4x4 and veg for a very short time vs taking 1 plant and vegging for a long time. It really comes down to how much can I harvest in a year with your current set up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I can't guess your yield but I do know that you could have tripled your yield if you had trained those plants. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeah, what mick said. You gotta train the plants to fill the space and keep the canopy even to get max yield. Girth beats height almost every time

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. You're not just talking about plants are you?! lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. lmao

• Like Like x 1
  8. Untrained plants? 2-3oz's a plant. If you're lucky. They don't look like heavy yielding plants. You're only going to get proper light distance to the tallest of those tops. Either that or you can burn those tall tops and have good light distance to the rest of the plant. That's why training is so important indoors.

Indoor lights only have a limited short window that they make good buds in. It's only about 18-24" Anything below that will be larf. If your tallest top is 18" away from it's mid plant neighbors they won't get good light distance. You need an even canopy to take full advantage of an indoor space.

As I'm sure you've read about or seen there is a laundry list of training and growing methods. What all of these training methods have in common is they all are different ways to make an even canopy.

I also grow in a 4x4. You can get 1-2 pounds out of one with some skill. 600hps IMO is too small for a 4x4. 1000 with a vented hood is closer to what you want for watts per square foot. I've seen nice crops in 3x3's with vented hood 600's but a 4x4 is almost twice the size of a 3x3. You need that extra power. You can do well with a 600 especially if the temps are too high with the 1000.

Don't even attempt to run an open hood hps in a tent. They must be cooltube type or vented rectangular hood.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. You said you don't like your nutrients. You're already bottle feeding just forget soil. I'll give you an easy mode plan for success.

Get a bail of promix. Promix brand HP is the highest recommended. If you can't find that I use sunshine promix 4 and mix that with 15% additional course perlite. Promix HP already has enough but most mixes including sunshine need a little more to be the right consistency.

Get a bottle of GH floranova bloom and a ph test kit with ph up and down. Figure out what it takes to get your tap ph to about 6.2. Add 4ml/gallon of FN bloom and feed every watering. Finish in fabric pots spaced off the drain tray. 7 gallon has given me the best yield. For me it results in about a 50% higher yield over 5 gallon depending on the plant.

I'm lazy and often just feed especially in veg with just FN bloom. It's the best single bottle solution for cannabis growing on the shelf of the grow store IMO if you're only going to use one thing. 4-8-7.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You mean LED I assure you and that means it's about 120 watts if it's an ebay special. No offense but he's talking real watts at the wall not inflated ratings on an LED.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'd love to see someone try to grow in a 2x4 with an actual 1000 watt light. It would be very crispy in there.

12. 2x4 = 8 square feet. You're running 125 watts per square foot? That is the highest I've ever heard of. My friend was running two 1000 watters in a 5x5 and I thought that was insane but you're next level.

You know a 400 can cover that right?

13. The rated coverage area for a 1000 watter is 4x4 to about 4.5x4.5. That's about 16-20 square foot or over twice the size area as yours is in. I bloom my 4x4 with about 570 watts of led. I decided to grow one plant last crop. Got 20oz's. I've got up to 2 pounds out of it with 4 plants. Since my room is twice the size of yours you could grow a pound with about 285 watts or a single qb260 from horticulture lighting group. IMG_0913.JPG IMG_0916.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. People are probably getting tired of these pictures by now. IMG_0900.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Check out my long ass thread that's a few down about the qb120's. It's a long read but it will fill you in on the last 9 months or so of my learning in the led field. There's posts from lots of different products in there not just qb120's. Lots of DIY builds.

Biggest root ball I've ever seen or grown in a bucket. It's the first time I tried only one plant. It was a success even though my yield wasn't as big. It was easy to take care of one plant compared to 4. It was an extra long veg. I held that plant over one crop because it was too small for the crop before. Then I just decided to do it by itself it was such a monster after a 4 month veg.

16. Got any pics bud?.i tried 1080w led in a 1.2sqm last time and it went down hill rapid style as soon as i got the full power on. Id never try it in half that space

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Then you have the most inefficient grow I have seen so far. Not only would that be so much wasted light because your plants could not possibly use all the light from 1000 watt in that space let alone 2,000 Watts. You are also doing this with out co2 boost. You can not give 101% and not expect the plant to run short on co2 to keep up with such intense light.

On top of this trying to cool 2k worth of heat(dehumidifier, ac unit, fan and what ever else makes heat) in such a tiny spot. How high are your ceilings and where is the Ac(window?)/fan located? What types of hoods are you using?

Either way your going to run into issues giving intense light like that. The first thing it will run short on is co2. Let alone I don’t care if you had a 600 watt or 5000 Watts, you still only have 2x4 feet of room. If you max out with a 400-600watts having 2 feet deep of colas, how do you expect to gain more? Maybe you are trolling here or doing some experiments, I doubt you really grow like that all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1