Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much can I make?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by denalii, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Sorry, camera is sort of not working atm...
    I have just over an ounce, and I'm wondering how much brownies I can make? Does anyone have a link to making brownies? ta
    I hope to split it with another person and still be baked as fuck and have some left over, will I?
    :smoke:

2. From what i know you want 1lb/16oz of butter to ever oz of bud, and in each brownie you want .5 - 1g of bud, so youd be looking at 28+ brownies
    When i start baking i plan to use my own made recipes and just replacing the butter for hash butter. You could even be lazy and get a box of ready made mix?
    Check this thread
    If your only splitting it between two of you could use half then smoke the rest? :p or make up all the butter and save it for something else, pizza, sandwiches, cupcakes?
    I wish i could be more help but im on here looking for the same kind of advice, i hardly remember how i made the brownies i have done before haha.

3. Thanks, also on the topic of edibles, how many should I eat to get seriously high.
    And, can I increase the amount of marijuana in the oil??

4. one brownie would do it, two would be a strong high

if you eat more than 3 I'd say your gonna trip out a bit :D

5. I wouldnt add more bud if i were you, looking at it from a science point of view you may end up just wasting the bud, as the THC is bonding to the fat molecules, the more you add the lower the bonding potential gets so it may reach a point where no more THC can be extracted. Dont worry, trust you will get reallllyyy high.

What i would say is if you do 16oz butter - 1oz bud
    follow this recipe if you want
    It requires 4oz of butter with should contain 7g of bud

Cut into 16 which will give you .44s, so you can eat two chunks and not over do it i would guess?

And just enjoy it, after a couple of hours maybe have a top up, but please please PLEASE dont eat them all cause an hour later you will regret it :p

Good luck!

6. I would suggest oil rather than butter. Especially if you use coconut oil, as it retains the most potency and is one of the best edible solvents to use.

As far as dosing goes, that depends on the process you use to make the edibles.

I recommend decarbing your bud first. Google or search it on here if you dont know about it. This will double your potency. I would then put it in oil and process it at 220 degrees F for an hour and a half. Covered and sealed with tin foil.

When i make my edibles, it takes less than a half gram to put me on my ass for 5+ hours. But like i said it all depends on the process you use.

The more effort you put in, the more rewarding they will be. Meaning the more time and effort you put in, the less bud per dose you will need.

Take a look at badkats sticky for one of the best tutorials out there. It is located at the top of this thread called badkats cannapharm. Badkittysmiles' blog is a table of contents for her many recipes and tutorials.

Follow the guide for med grade cannaoil and put that oil right into a store bought mix for brownies.

You wont be disappointed!!

7. My amount just changed to 3 ounces :)
    So I'm planning to make them this tuesday, and reading the pot brownie recipe, I need (well not need but should) decarb my weed... What the fuck is this??? o_O
    Is it just drying out your weed? eg; wrapping weed in alfoil and setting low oven temp?

8. 40-50 my friend.

9. [quote name='"denalii"']My amount just changed to 3 ounces :)
    So I'm planning to make them this tuesday, and reading the pot brownie recipe, I need (well not need but should) decarb my weed... What the fuck is this??? o_O
    Is it just drying out your weed? eg; wrapping weed in alfoil and setting low oven temp?[/quote]

Yeah basically..

It is the process of activating your cannabinoids. (Making them available for your body to use)

Just grind your herb fine and put it in a pan or dish. Set the oven to 215. Cover and SEAL you pan or dish with aluminum foil. Put it in the oven for 15-20 mins.

Thats all, and it will double your potency!!!