Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much can I expect to pay

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheDoobieBro, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Well I am surely not new to smoking ... But I am new to glass. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to pay for a bong (waterpipe) with..
    -glass
    -slider( no carb)
    -ash catcher
    - diffused downstem??
    - ice catcher??

For you who will call me a retard for not just looking on the website I thought I know they vary widely in price and wants to know what I could expect for a bong with most or all of those features
    ps. My first glass piece that's not a hand pipe so it doesn't need to be the highest quality just ok

2. For all that stuff, you're looking at buying one that would be a little pricey, depending on how much money you have an are willing to spend. I'd say around $150? But it could be less or more depending on the size, the seller, thickness of glass, etc.

I bought a nice, smaller sized bong that has a slider and is made of glass for $40, and I love it. It's big enough for large hits, but small enough to place in a cupboard for storage I've never been one to want a tall one, because where do you put it when your parents come over, or your landlord?

Since you live in, or around, Chicago, I'm guessing that there are a bunch of headshops near you. Assuming you're over the age of 18, how about you stop in one and just look around? I always recommend shopping local for pieces. You have the opportunity to get EXACTLY what you want.

3. #3 TheDoobieBro, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009

thanks for your knowledge!
    in terms of the piece I want, like you said I think size should be another one of my factors .. Perhaps 10" ? also how are the hits on your small one? You said it hit pretty smooth?

4. i got a 10 incher and it hits real nice. like what rubbsled said, its just big enough to get big rips. However i am going to get a new one thats about 18" w/ 1 perc and an ashcatcher for 175$

5. If you dont mind me asking roughly how much did you shell out for the 10" ?

6. my friend bought a thick glass 2 footer from a guy down his street for 50 bucks lol so make sure you look around before you buy ask local weed friends if they have any glassware for sale and they might cut you a good deal like my friend lol