How much bud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Alpha male, May 22, 2007.

1. Does anyone know an estimate (ounces, grams) on how much bud a female sativa plant gives im just curious because I have 9 females now.:smoking: :)

2. Any where from 1g - 5lbs depending on how you grow it.

3. yea... defintily how it's grown, and when and where are all huge factors... i think if i were to throw a ballpark estimate out there... there maybe an average yield of at least a QP or possibly a lot more if grown outdoors. i've never harvested... yet. but there's plenty of posts concerning weight on the forum, try a search. whatever the cause.... you should definitly save money either way. For example you may pay 1000 dollars for a QP on the street (GREAT PRICE), Yet growing a QP may cost you between 20-300 bux. if you have 9 of them expect 3-6 of those to be female, so lets say you have 4 females come harvest... youve got at least pound (using the above figures) for less than the price of 1 ounce on the street. thats 16 ounces for the price of one. we are kinda in the same boat, so thats why im rambling. hope any of this helps.

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/145046-1st-time-serious-grower-please-comment-8.html

E

4. I said two largely different amounts because no one knows how much your plants will yield.

We know nothing about their genetics, what medium you'll be growing in, etc.

There are far to many variables for someone to give you an answer any more specific than mine, sorry.

5. yea, your absolutly right. i wasnt really trying to say what his yeild is gonna be... i was just ranting off a ballpark estimate. but i doubt he's gonna have 1g. and i doubt he's gonna have tons. i cant see the future. i was just rambling on the idea off the top of my head. i do think there is an average though. i mean... if we were to go through everybodys journal, and posts, and find an average weight of yield... at least you can get an idea. As a noob it can be overwhelming... a point in the right direction is really all thats needed. sorry if i confused anyone.

6. That post wasn't even in response to your post, just to him.

You seemed to be saying the same thing as me.

7. lol... sorry im stoned. :smoking:

8. if you veg them for 3 weeks you wont get anywhere near as much if you veg for 5 or 6 weeks. genetics have a lot to do with it but so does how long you veg. congrats on the females!

9. if your growing the outdoors , I assume your starting now in spring and plan on harvesting in fall. so thats a lot of veg. time. If you do it that way and use decent grow techniques I guess you'll get a 5+ lbs yield

10. my bad I read you post wrong, I estimate a least a pound a plant

11. It depends on;

Strain / sub-strain:confused:
    how you grow - lst, topping, trimming, hydro, soil ??????????:confused:
    conditions of grow - PH, health of plant, temps, humidity, vegetative growth time, neuts:confused:

Oh i forgot lighting!

what type of lights? CFL'S, MH, HPS, LED'S MULTIPLES OF THESE, ALL OF THESE?

WATTAGE - HOW MANY LIGHTS OR WATTS, HOW FAR AWAY FROM THE PLANTS

PERFECT GROW CAN EXPECT APPROX. .5 ( 1 / 2 ) GRAMS PER WATT OF LIGHT

[​IMG]

12. ...where did you get this statistic?

13. This is the outdoor section, how many Watts is the sun? :p

14. Heath Robinson from hg420.com used to get 1g per watt with certain grows.

He was a fucking master to say the least, I'm proud to have a batch of his seeds.

15. according to wikipedia:

"At the equator, the Sun provides approximately 1000 watts per square meter on Earth's surface."

so that could give you some idea....

eric

16. I wish I could grow with the sun :(

1000 watts spread out to cover an entire plant no matter how big it is? Man, I really got to get out of Florida for the outdoor funkiness.

17. Oh thats why I forgot the lights lol