how much bong water should i use?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by fumer_herbe, May 2, 2009.

1. does too much bong water dilute the smoke or cause any other problems?

how far should it be above the downstem?

and or what is the best thing to use for bong water?

:cool::smoking:

2. no
    about an inch
    water

3. The water should be JUST enough to cover the holes or slits of the downstem (if the downstem is not diffused, than enough to cover the hole at the bottom of the downstem). Having too much bong water can cause a lot of drag or splash back.

Also, just use water in bongs, no need for anything else imo.

4. This ^.

5. ^ qft.

6. #6 dope_roor, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    does increasing the amount of water increase the amount of filtration? i would think having more water would cause the bubbles spend more time submerged underwater therefore allowing more time for the aqueous components of the smoke to dissolve in the water?

i can't tell if it's psychological (and i'm about to test it again) but i feel like having the water just above the slits and compared to say 1" above, the smoke is smoother with more water

7. ^^^ i don't necessarily agree with that. yes, it would filter more but ever so slightly... not enough to make any noticeable difference. the drag caused is so much worse. with any bong, you want the least drag as possible. barely cover the diffuser.

8. i prefer quite a bit of water in my bong. i like the feel of the hit I can take is bigger with a little more water. could just be me. I also love that deep chug of the water :)

9. dude its all preference also it depends if you have a beaker or straight tube

10. I need to post a picture of my beast. shes a beauty