How much bloodmeal per gallon of water?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by boddah94rip, Jul 15, 2007.

1. The title says it. I've got younger plants that haven't seen ferts yet but are starting to turn yellow on the lower parts. So how much bloodmeal should I mix for a gallon of water.

Oh I almost forgot, how often should I use the bloodmeal mixed water.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. anyone? Should I put half a teaspoon? more? less?

3. Do you have a picture? I do 1 tablespoon per gallon but I'm not sure exactly how old your ladies are and I don't want you to nute burn em.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan..
    Blood and bone meals are the lowest of the low end when it comes to soil amendments-fertilizers.. If used outside they can draw diggers like skunks that'll root up your plants..
    Chicken manure, Alfalfa pellets or Kelp meal are far better choices..
    1 table spoon in a cup of water as it's not very strong from what I remember of blood-bone meals..
    Being the lazy type I'd just toss some under the plant and scratch it into the top soil and water it in..
    Once and wait a week to see what effects it had..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  5. i didnt realize you could mix that with water...afaik it takes a long time for the microbes in the soil to break down that blood meal. a better solution would be to get you some alaskan fish fertilizer or neptunes harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldn't mix it with water. pour it evenly around the base of all your plants, mix the soil and blood meal together, about three inches deep with your hands, after, water your plants, hitting all the blood meal you put in. as another poster said Alaska fish fertilizer is the shit, i'd use it in conjunction with the meal tho

• Like Like x 1
  7. many other and better options are available

use as a last resort

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wouldn't fish emulsion also draw in critters?