How Much Bigger Does The Plant Get When It Flowers?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by darren reefnugs, Jul 12, 2014.

1. say you have ideal contidions....and your plant is about 1 foot tall. how much larger can it get before it finishes? i have some smallish plants outside (maines lovely weather). im not sure when flowering starts but id imagine sometime next month. do they really grow alot during flowering? i know they can stretch out some for the first 2 weeks...but what about after? just grows buds and fills the plant?

this is a photo of one form about 3 days ago. thats a 3 gallon pot, but this one went into the ground today. is it safe to guess that it might double in size?

Attached Files:

2. I believe under ideal conditions it is expected to at least double in size during flowering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. depends on strain a lot my indica and sativa were same size at 12/12 flip and both allrdy had pre flowers

indica now 4 feet tall and sativa 2 inches short of 6 feet. indica roughly double the size sativa roughly 3 times the size.
    both in same tent same light.

4. ok..thats a relief. i only have about 3 weeks of veg time left before the flowering season will begin. most are still small, from 12-14 inches. ive tried to bush them out as much as i could but only one is really taking off.

5. u could top it to keep it shorter, then the branches will grow more and bush out.

I topped both of mine just b4 flowering and now all there branches are level with the top. looks like sog but only 2 plants :)