How much better is a bong? worth the money?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by G188O, May 26, 2012.

1. just wondered if an investment in a bong is worth it, heard they give the best hits? how is it better, and is it worth dishing out £50 for a good one?

2. A bong is not an investment.
    You will use a shit ton of bud to get high.
    A vaporizer on the other hand is one of the best investments a cannabis user can make.
    Have you thought of a vape?
    I never looked back.

3. yeah ive heard theyre pretty good, could u recommend a cheap and good one? thanks

4. oh its worth it.

5. I can recommend anything from 7th Floor LLC,(these are Heavy hitters) which includes the Life saber, Silver Surfer, and Da buddha, and Rockzaps(made by Aromazap) are the best for getting the most out of your bud.
    thing about vaporizers is, the cheapest you are gonna find a QUALITY one is about 150.
    I'd recommend you also do your Own research over at FuckCombustion.com
    Hopefully you can pick one best for you:)

6. [quote name='"CDub 2 Trill"']

I can recommend anything from 7th Floor LLC,(these are Heavy hitters) which includes the Life saber, Silver Surfer, and Da buddha, and Rockzaps(made by Aromazap) are the best for getting the most out of your bud.
    thing about vaporizers is, the cheapest you are gonna find a QUALITY one is about 150.
    I'd recommend you also do your Own research over at FuckCombustion.com
    Hopefully you can pick one best for you:)[/quote]

going to check this out but 150 is steep for a bit more buzz i reckon, thanks anyway

7. bong will get u higher than anything else no argument at all. but if u cant drop 150 dont bother. take one bong hit ur higher than after a joint in my mind.

8. I beg to differ. lol

9. I prefer a bong to my vape, of course I don't have a high end one only $200 (Vapir N02) not that I don't get blazed off of it... its just not the same.

I would say in your price range yes a bong is better, especially if you haven't used one before. Bigger hits than a pipe, you can get more diffusion, carbon adapter, etc.

10. Always heard vapes get you higher off less, but I've never hit one so I dunno...

But I've hit plenty of bongs. =] Bongs are fuckin great. You can either pick up a cheap and wait til it breaks, or get a eally good quality one and take care of it. If a cheap one that breaks turns you off, you can get an acryllic one. Acryllics I've heard aren't that great but I'm sure it'll get you just as high. Some of the purist stoners say it changes taste, releases small amounts of harmful gases into your smoke... Honestly in my opinion, I would own an acryllic bong if I was absolutely broke and needed a bong to hold me over. You can get cheap acryllics with multiple chambers to filter the smoke more than once through water.

I prefer bongs over everything though. I love bongs enough that if I were to hit a vape, I'd probably still prefer a good glass on glass bong. Noting like the sound of the water bubbling and then that nice rush when you pull the bowl/release the carb.

Good cheap glass bongs are ones like Weedstar (Always heard bad stuff about weedstar but I've still heard some really good things about them too.) There's also Black Leaf glass bongs. I myself own a Black Leaf and it hits likes a champ, even when I've broken it twice and used to home-made ingenuity to make it work again. Hits just like it did when it was new.

Hope this helps. There'll be others along with some more answers that are actually about bongs soon.

Edit: That last sentence doesn't apply to the guy above me.

11. [quote name='"kered2"']bong will get u higher than anything else no argument at all. but if u cant drop 150 dont bother. take one bong hit ur higher than after a joint in my mind.[/quote]

Your mind is false.

12. anyone who says vapes get ur high than bongs are completely false. i hit every vape know to man any1 of u take one huge rip out of my soveriengty stem 8 and tell me a pussy vape will get u high. ive owned volcanoes, ssv, the buddah, nothing compares to a bong. (except a fat dab to the dome)

13. ive vaped a qrt in a day and could function, vapes are way more clear headed and basically just get me buzzed. it takes way longer to get high on a vape, most of them need a plug, annoying to use in groups (unless volcano), and just isnt the same as smoking bud, no matter the nug it always has the distinct vape taste. The only positive of vapes are they dont break, but i take care of my bongs so they dont break anyway. You cant dab out of a vape. I guarantee if u took one fat dab out of a bong it would get u higher than doming a entire volcano bowl

14. #14 CDub 2 Trill, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
    man one bowl in my lsv can have me baked for hours
    Kered, I don't care if you didn't vape right.
    It works for every person I have done it with.
    They all like the high better than smoking after they get used to it

Comparing dabs to vaporized cannabis is fucking retarded
    Please go educate yourself on what you are going on about
    A dab could contain more thc than a bowl in a volcano
    Depending on size.
    When it comes down to it
    Me and a friend used to split a gram and smoke it
    We would be high all night(but could still smoke if it was there)
    Then with a da Buddha vaporizer we tried vaping a gram
    One night. We were so blasted it was difficult to keep
    Vaping I just wanted to sleep.

15. [quote name='CDub 2 Trill']man one bowl in my lsv can have me baked for hours
    Kered, I don't care if you didn't vape right.
    It works for every person I have done it with.
    They all like the high better than smoking after they get used to it

Comparing dabs to vaporized cannabis is fucking retarded
    Please go educate yourself on what you are going on about
    A dab could contain more thc than a bowl in a volcano
    Depending on size.
    When it comes down to it
    Me and a friend used to split a gram and smoke it
    We would be high all night(but could still smoke if it was there)
    Then with a da Buddha vaporizer we tried vaping a gram
    One night. We were so blasted it was difficult to keep
    Vaping I just wanted to sleep.[/QUOTE

i dont see how its retarded people are talking about vapes conserving money blah blah blah. Buy a 20$ gram of some nice wax and ur high for daysss

16. Most people can't buy concentrates, especially not for $20/gram.

Doesn't seem like OP can afford a nice enough vape for it to be worth it.

17. Everyone isn't as lucky as you and lives in an area where you can purchase wax.
    Costs me 100 bucks a gram to make.

18. It is a matter of saving up your money.
    That is it.

If you get a nice enough vape, it WILL be worth it, how can it NOT be?

19. If he doesn't like the high from a vape then it wouldn't be worth it.

Besides, a bong to hold him over is a good idea, especially if he has never hit one.

Its not practical for everyone to save up enough money for a good vape, like I said my $200 n02 gets me blazed but I just don't like it. Its not the same as a bong, I don't enjoy it as much, even a vape sesh isn't as enjoyable to me.

20. Bro your whole thought on vaporizing is limited to a portable vaporizer which are known to not be nearly as powerful or deliver nearly the same hit/High even compared to a quality desktop/home based unit.
    Which most can be attached to your bong, for an Even larger hit.
    Btw, it is practical to save up a few hundred bucks, Most people in this world have jobs, which makes them cash money, which can be used to purchase things.
    Plenty of people buy 100-500+ bucks of cannabis at a time.