how much and how often should i water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jake4283, Feb 26, 2009.

1. my ak-47 plants are in bud. but there are sum brown leaves and on some of the leaves there are brown and almost white spots. am i not watering enough? ive heard of the 1 inch rule. but how should i be watering if im not doing it correctly?

2. definitely doesnt sound like a water issue. its hard to say without pics.

are you feeding them? what type of soil? more info please

3. ill get some pics right now. not giving them nutrients right now. were setting up our indoor and i hav these 2 ak47 plants that started budding in my closet under light with fans also. just regular soil with 8" potting bucket. lighting is 12/12

4. here ya go. brown spots near the edges of the leaves. and white spotted on sum.

Attached Files:

5. have you checked your ph? the plant looks a little yellow to me [could be the pic]

im not sure but it looks like a very similar problem i had before. my ph was a too high [about 7] and my plants started to turn a little yellow. i had 2 leaves get brown spots near the tips, and eventually those 2 leaves died.

i changed from using tap water to using filtered water from the refill center at walmart. i immediately noticed a difference within a day or 2. they got much greener. i would definitely check the ph. even if its not the problem, its good to check it often, and a test kit is only about $5

also it could be a deficiency of some kind. since it is flowering it may be using all its strength to produce bud and is having problems keeping the leaves healthy. it might be time to start thinking about using some flowering ferts.

id say check the ph and start from there

6. thanx man. took ur advice n everythings goin good. i started using better water and ferts n their tip top shape. thanx man.