how many ziplocks can a police dog really smell through?

Discussion in 'General' started by EASYlivin, Jul 31, 2010.

1. This thread is NOT related to selling weed or transporting, im just curious...

Do you think a dog could smell through 5-10 ziplock baggies?

Ive took anatomy and dogs have 220 million smell receptors in their nose, while humans have 5 million. So thats 44 X more.:eek:

[​IMG]

2. Dogs can smell in layers too, something we humans cant do. Which is why the peanut butter trick is straight up BS, because the dog smells peanut butter & weed, instead of just peanut butter. Id be willing to say they can smell through a lot of bags.

3. i would think something air tight would be undetectable

4. Watch the series 'Never Get Busted Again'

Dog's can smell through as many bags as they damn well please, as long as the stash has been in there long enough. The smell seeps, regardless of airtight seals, through the layers.

5. Im sorry bro but you couldnt be more wrong dogs dont smell in layers. here's a quote from an ex cop "The permeation scent cone principle can be understood by answering this question: “How does a police dog smell through a metal gas tank, through gasoline, through plastic PVC pipe, and detect the marijuana stashed inside?” Well, dogs cannot smell through anything, but rather, odors permeate from everything, creating a scent cone outside any and all containers." read full article here .Never Get Busted: Understanding Police Drug Dogs | Cannabis Culture Magazine

6. idk if they work well or not but there are some sites that sell smell proof bags, could be a sham tho

7. Wow that is a great article. I read it and it says the best place to hide weed is high up because the scent will rise up..

But heres another question.. if a police dog barks as if it smells marijuana, and your stash is hidden within your car, will they tear your car apart if they couldnt find anything during their normal search routine? or will they let you go because they searched for a while and turned up nothing?:confused:

8. You can't fool the dog.

9. vaccuum seal your buds and no one will be able to smell it

10. Except for the dogs...

11. get a good quality vacuum sealer and do it up at least 5 times. Possibly put baby powder in between the bags?

OR, I was reading a book once and they used something (forget) that temporarily F'd with the dogs smelling abilities. Put some on a handkerchief and drop it be accident when your close the the dog. He'll smell it, and bingo your free for 5-10 minutes.

12. Lol, The book you were reading was a novel called "Number the Stars" I bet.. :smoke: Its about the Holocaust right?

And if I remember correctly, they used cocaine on the handkerchief to blind the dogs nose. Lets see someone try that with a dog trained to FIND cocaine, and not Jews. :p

13. If the dog barks at all the seize you car. Take it back to their impound and completely tear the thing apart. Your car is pretty much destroyed by that point. It would just be easier to tell em where it is after the dog barks so at least they dont destroy your whole car.

14. :eek: thats fucked up. lol

15. i think its pretty hard to trick the dog..it be better to trick the handler. stash your bud in meat so the cop thinks the dog is barking at the meat rather weed. saw that on manswers

16. 44X better smell? So put it in 44 baggies ;)

17. i dont think theres a real answer to this just triple bag it and call it a day

18. A standard ziplock, dogs can smell through no problem.

There are good stash bags that are airtight and water tight that they can't smell through.

I have a bag for my phone that's rated to 50' underwater that seems to work. I walked right by a drug dog checkpoint at a festival with some stinky shit in there and got through fine. I did wash the bag with soap and water after I put the bud in.

19. meaty flavor buds anyone? :ey:

20. I voted "I don't care".

I am a card carrying law abiding citizen.
    If my car ever smells like herb, it's because
    I just picked up and I'm driving home to drop
    it off. It's my medication man...

I would think a dog could smell anything that
    seeps through like herb does. If it's been there
    long enough.

Manswers is not a reliable source of info.
    Some dogs are trained differently with different
    signals. He could be taught to bark 3x if he finds
    something...you never know, and you're still fucked.