Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many years of smoking weed does it make you long time smoker ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Headhunterpipes, Feb 28, 2020.

1. I wanna hear the story behind this. xd

2. And these days it isn't just what.. your parents, or teachers, or authority tells you... Because it can all be fact checked online if the right source is found, which can be quite easy on these surface subjects todays youth is taught in school.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Kind of takes out the rebellion thrill of doing something "bad for you" when it becomes more and more known this is in fact good for you.

4. #64 Storm Crow, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    @Peaceful Dusk86 OK. Get comfy.

Background- I was 19, an over-weight, introverted nerd. I was the school student librarian, and a "people watcher" - with my IQ, I had more in common with (some of) my teachers than my peers. My mom and I both loved Japanese style incense. The only place that had it was a long bus ride to downtown San Diego. I heard that the Warlock Shop, a "head shop" in Pacific Beach had incense, so I decided to check it out.

All the Warlock Shop had was the standard Indian incense, which was disappointing, but it did have a very interesting group of people. The owner was Richard, a 40-ish, hyperactive, slightly "devilish", former beatnik. The shop had two separate parts- the main area with posters, incense, rolling papers and such, and a second smaller area that was the lounge with a small patio area between them.

Richard encouraged the local kids to kick back in the lounge. Often someone play a guitar, but mostly we just talked - politics, religion, parents, school, and sometimes sex and drugs. It was a LOT more stimulating conversation than at school! So I became a "regular" dropping in and spending a few hours there when I could, and eventually I ended up volunteering behind the counter now and then, and help field phone calls.

Richard was a dealer who sold pot, so it was not unknown that a baggie got traded for a ten dollar bill. And after the shop closed, we'd sit down on the worn carpet, a few sticks of that Indian incense were lit. Then Richard would grin and a joint or two would appear. I would sit in the circle and just pass the joint along.

I had listened to the anti-drug propaganda, so I did what came naturally to me- I observed. I went to about a dozen "pot parties" before Halloween rolled around. Some were "after hours", and others were at Richard's apartment.

Now back then, San Diego had a 10 pm curfew for minors. So the party started about 9ish with about 10 of us from the shop, just drinking sodas or beers and listening to music. The last few "die-hard" tricker-or-treaters came and went. Richard reached under the couch and pulled out a metal tray with a baggie and a half dozen fat joints on it.

Incense sticks were lit, and the music was turned down. Chairs and cushions were moved a bit to form the circle. I was sitting on a cushion between the couch and an arm chair. (That is something I miss- the almost sacred feeling of the circle.) A few joints were shared and the room got a "bit" smokey. To liven things up even more, Richard started two joints going in opposite directions, and announced that whoever got both joints at once should take a double hit! :passtheshit:

So I sat there passing the joint on as usual .... and then I got both joints. I just sat there for a moment, then I thought "what the hell, why not?" and took a double hit on the joints! :GettingStoned:

And that's how i took my first puff of cannabis!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I honestly don't know because everyone's experience is different, right? For me at least, I'd consider my self a long time smoker, since I've been through various stages of light and heavy use, from $100+ week habits to quitting and taking breaks multiple times over the course of 20+ years. Currently I've been on a 2 year hiatus.

You could also talk about the quality of cannabis, your experience with extracts and other forms of ingestion, there's lots of factors to consider and for some people I do think they will play a part in that, but not everyone had those luxuries so it depends on the circumstances.

I definitely think when you've been in the position to experience both the good aspects and the terrible aspects of cannabis use that come with life's curve balls it constantly throws at you, you've reached a point where you've been smoking for a considerably long time.

6. Took me a while to get back to you but what an amazing story! Most people these days would be puff puff pass while staring at their phones.

7. Yesterday I was driving, at an intersection, a lady was being a pedestrian.

She was on the corner of the intersection, the person walk light came on, she saw it and looked back at her phone as she crossed the street without looking for traffic.

I can't make this up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Someone at my job got fired for always being on his phone.

9. @Peaceful Dusk86 Glad you enjoyed my story! Things have changed so much since then- some for the better, some for the worse.

Granny :wave:

10. #70 old shol4evr, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    delete

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. October of 1972.

12. y

you mean in total? i took 10 years off of not smoking. all years combined: double digits here.
    Now im trying to make up for lost time

13. ME TOO!