Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many years of smoking weed does it make you long time smoker ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Headhunterpipes, Feb 28, 2020.

1. I need to find me a pretty hippie chick. I am sure some girls around my age out there have the hippie spirit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. I started in 1967- Halloween night.

Granny

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I started in 1968 and have been going strong ever since.
    So glad to be in a legal state.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I started in 2002, not a old timer, but i ain't new, seeing all these posts from people who started in the 60's and 70's makes me feel like a newbie though. Toke on old timers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Haven't bought any weed since 95..even when I wanna try something new it ends up being gifted or on a swap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. #47 old shol4evr, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 3
  8. <--- Started in 1970.
    Learned it from my father who started toking the herb in 1915.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 1982 for me!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  10. 1988 for me...first semester of college. I had the opportunity and means prior to but held off. Never got to smoke with my dad though he passed a year earlier and he'd been smoking since gosh, at least 1965.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Me too. But the quality of the weed back then was so poor, it almost doesn't count!

12. I love this thread
    12 years and I feel that Im seasoned

Sent from a see through door in another dimension

• Like Like x 2
  13. If you paid 50 cents for cigs in 1967 you must have lived in a high tax state. Notice they have a '59 Chevy in a picture of 1967 but it probably really is 1967 because thin whitewalls didn't come out until the early 1960s and those guys sure look mid '60s. (Plus the license plate is 1967) I had a car just like that in High School except mine was cream color and instead of baby moons I had a set of mags which cost me a fortune, I think about $200 for the set. The big steering wheel means it didn't have power steering.
    [​IMG]
    Avg. price per pack: $0.32
    > State and federal cigarette taxes: $0.16
    > Inflation adjusted price: $1.64
    > Annual consumption per capita: 2,680 cigarettes
    > Lung & bronchus cancer deaths: 34.3 per 100,000

• Like Like x 2
  14. I first smoked in like 2013. So it's been 7 years for me. I feel like I have had a lot of experience with different strains, methods of smoking, types of thc and cbd products and such. Even though 7 years isn't that long, I feel like based on my experience throughout that time, I am at that level.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #57 old shol4evr, Apr 29, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  16. So curious about that timeframe, relative of mine died at age 90 last year, had kids young, him and his children view marijuana right up there with murder rape and lethal drugs that may not be named.

He was also a vet if maybe that played a role
    Guess it depends on who ya know

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. #59 old shol4evr, Apr 30, 2020
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dad was born right after the turn of the century. Small town Iowa. Last of 14 kids. Highly educated man he held teachers credentials in 3 subjects.
    Lost his left arm above the elbow hopping a freight one night drunk off his ass.
    Went back to the trade he'd learned from his father and brothers and laid brick for the next 40 some years.
    Consistently faster and straighter walls then 2 armed men.
    :)
    Finally Got AA after dropping my older sister in the ocean in the dark at the beach in Texas. Was to scared to swim back and say I've lost the baby.
    She bumped into him a few minutes later and that was the start of his sobriety.

I suspect he learned his Toking in the speakeasy's and backroom taverns of the prohibition era. I'd come in late, drunk, and smelling of weed and beer and he was up waiting for me.
    Not the ugly scene I was expecting at all just a rational talk about the 2 intoxicants and the usual " Your Mother won't be so understanding".

BNW

• Like Like x 2