Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many years of smoking weed does it make you long time smoker ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Headhunterpipes, Feb 28, 2020.

1. I think I started in 1968 also. I was a late starter, I finished HS in '67 which means I went all the way thru public school without smoking pot. Other than taking almost four years off for probation I've been smoking ever since.

You guys brought up some memories. Although I bought cigs out of the machines for a quarter a pack in Colorado, in New Mexico they were 35 cents, lucky fuckin' Coloradoans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. #22 GorillaGherkin, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    I’ve been consuming for 29 years off n on and I don’t consider myself a “vet.” Of all the ppl I know who smoke only one is what I would consider a vet all she smokes is hash n joints round the clock.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Never figured out how to do a poll ..your welcome to make a thread yourself that does a poll .
    Will not get my panties wadded up .

4. So at what age do we turn into old farts ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I don’t think you can pin an age on it. You just wake up one morning and know you’re an old fart.

Started smoking around 69’. Got heavy into the mid 70’s. But slowed to an almost stop when our first kid was born. Got my medical marijuana card a little over a year ago. Partaking daily again, but probably lost any seniority that I may have had.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. There is no age. Being an ol fart is a state of mind not a number. Theres 20 year olds that act like ol farts

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Guys I got thinking about being a old fart ,,its a fucked up thought .
    So I twisted the first joint of the day and now smoking it.
    Guess I am a old fart ,,, but I figure I still got fire in my soul .
    So with that thought ,,, think I will roll another one … Good morning world ..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man all you guys started in the 60's etc I been smoking 18 years and thought I was an OG lmao.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Im almost 56, by my calculations i have atleast another 40/50 years before ill be an ol fart. The secret is i get younger at heart and better looking every year....lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. If ya gotta ask ur already an old fart

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #31 old shol4evr, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Started summer of 1970.
    Had originally planned to be in a legal state to celebrate my anniversary.

that fell through, so I’ll just have to stay in the same illegal state I’ve been in for 50 years

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lit up for the first time with a buddy out in the middle of a field in 1967, I was 17. A once of weed (a "lid") at that time was $10 and, if I recall, that price remained the same for around 10 years. We didn't know anything about buds in those days and just smoked trim but it did the job very nicely. I do believe, however, that we smoked quite a bit more (at one time) then than we do now.

In the early 70s I was in college and lived in a big house with a lot of people. We had a basement (rare for California) in that house where we grew weed under fluorescent shop lights. The plants never went to flower (buds) because we didn't know how to do that because there were no resources like Grasscity.

I lived in Central America for a few years after graduating college and only smoked a couple times because the legal ramifications were monumental. I lived in a little town out in the “boonies”. There was no trash pick up so after dinner we just threw any garbage out into the street where the pigs ate every bite of it. People burned their other trash in their back yards. We lived in a very little town and had one of the only houses on our block with running water, but no hot water. We had a little backyard with a stonewall fence about 7 feet high.

The climate was hot so “windows” in the house were groups of small openings in the walls with no glass. If we smoked weed, either in the house or in the back yard, people could smell it and the “yerba mala” would have put us in jail in a heartbeat. For the few times we did smoke weed we did it while we burned our trash in the back yard at night. The trash fire smoke easily disguised the weed smell. From that day to today we have used the colloquialism “burning the trash”.

I started a micro grow a few years ago which became one of my diversions in retirement. Those grow lights cost WAY more than my old florescent shop lights but I get lots of buds now and my adult kids are very happy with their Christmas presents.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Go old farts!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Im 30, and started smoking when I was 14. We got caught several times up here in Canada with no consequnces before it was leagal. In the USA they found trace ammounts ON my gameboy when I was 16 and held me for questioning for 1 hr at LAX. Smoked in Europe and everyone was super paranoid of the law.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I was smoking tobacco (also) in 1967 and I don't EVER remember smokes costing as little as 25 cents a pack. I could have sworn they were at least 50 cents a pack, no? Perhaps smoking weed all these years has melted my brain. In high school health class they said that would happen and I didn't listen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You muse be in your mid 30’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. 1978, sporadically for a few years, then the eighties happened-every day since

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ready to make he transition to the coffin.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. I'm 35, been blazing since was 14. Fuck me man that's 21 years. I feel old now lol

• Like Like x 2