How many watts?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by provin1327, Jan 9, 2006.

1. HIGH All, sure..good little lamps...my LHM uses them for clones and little seeders.

2. ok so thats a good wattage?

3. the more the better

4. how is 50 watts for 1 plant? 50 watts of flouro

5. Yea man, I'm only using a 60 watt flourescent bulb right now for my one plant...it's doing fine.

6. Gonna need more wattage to flower em though...I reccomend at least 1500 to 1800 lumens for flowering if your using flourescents...

7. Those i would recommend only for cloning, they are VERY low in lumens and not to mention its totally wrong in color temperature.

Also these types of lights wount work for you for very long, once the plant gets bigger it will not provide enough light to grow the plant efficiently.

Suggest you rethink and go with tube flourescents such as the Daylight Tube which gives 6400K color temperature and 3050 lumens.

8. I got 995 lumens on mine...worked well enough for the past 3 weeks...I think they will work if you just want to grow a shitty pot plant with no extra effort....but if you want the good stuff take the time and energy and money and do what your supposed to do.

9. well screw it, im just gotta plant these seeds outside once they germinate, and just see if anything happens. I'll prabably grow outside in spring