How many watts of light before coppers come

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TruXbluXstoner, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Hey all okay so I've been building my micro stealth fridge box, but on a larger scale, I live in Australia and I was wondering how much light would I have to be running before police actually look at me? Like sure they won't look at a 250,400 600 or possible even 1000(as far is I know?) so what can you run without being sus? Aha cheers let the discussion begin

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. A lot... just think of all the things in a home that could be electric, but are often run off of gas. Stove/oven/heater/yard tools/water heater/dryer... i think U would have to have a lot going on to be suspicious. But then again im in the US of A.

3. Fair enough, I've always been alittle sketchy about and hid lights but really wanna give them a go once I move to the south coast, Mabey setup a couple 400w or 600w tents (like 2-3 tents) would be in a rental though so might have to go some stealth boxxes but yea always been alittle uncomfortable with the idea of getting fucked over... Could they see 3-4 400-600 wat HPS/MH lights w the helicopter (if they were to lefty over)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. Depends What sort of area do you live in. If you live out in the sticks you could have a generator or solar power them. I recommend cfl or led lights too they use less juice. Like the dude said you have a lot of give way too. They might have thought someone new is in the house or you use all electrical things.

5. Simple advice, don't tell anyone you are growing, and always pay the electric bill and you should be fine.

6. Great question but it really depends on how big your setup is and what types of lights you are using. I run 1000w HPS but recently upgraded to LED. The LED cost more upfront but there are no replacing bulbs every 6-12 months. The bulbs run about $100 each so it adds up to cost more in just a year or two. Plus led use way less power and run cooler. With cooler temps you run less ac/ fans which also save power. If you are still concerned I would upgrade the lighting though out the house. It will save you money and make your bill less noticeable. Running LED over HPS will also give less of a heat signature so it's would be harder to detect using thermal imaging. T5 work good for the veg cycle and would work ok for flowering but not recommend. They run hotter the LED and use more power than LED but less than HPS/ MH.