Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Many Use Hempwick?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by EmoSteve, May 25, 2010.

1. Hempwick for sure. Had to get use to the whole situation but I'm definitely glad I tried it. Like someone mentioned before you can control the flame so much easier(not torching the entire bowl/easier to corner) resulting in more hoots for me :) I do get annoyed sometimes having to put out the flame when it gets to big and re-light but that candle idea sounds like a good solution

2. anyone know if I can make this with hemp twine and beeswax? I looked in 4-5 different headshops and I couldn't find them :( there were 2 places about 1-2 hours away from me(by bus) that carry them but they were sold out.

3. #23 benthamj49, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    The only difference I notice with hempwick is I can corner a bowl like a champ now. I can do it with a lighter, and do, but when the flame doesn't have any velocity and is just burning along the wick, you can corner the bowl much better. The lighter jets the gas out in a stream and you always end up burning more than intended when cornering. I use a lighter for the most part, but when I'm alone and trying to be ultra-conservative, the hempwick helps me get that extra hit out of my bowl.

EDIT: didn't read and notice other people posted the same thing but they're completely correct, it is a superior method to cornering as opposed to using a lighter. Only problem is since it doesn't jet out, the last hit needs to be with a lighter to get the weed off of all the edges of the bowl unless you move it to the center with a toothpick or something.

Why haven't glass makers ever ventured out and made a square bowl specifically for the purposes of a 4 person sesh in a single piece? Everyone gets a corner, makes sense... We get along fine with the circular ones but hey, I'd buy one just for fun...

4. Im using a lighter now :( been telling the owner of my LHS to order me some beeline

5. hempwick...lighters are so bad for u

6. Do you actually think inhaling burning plant matter and wax is healthier butane? The only bi products of butane fire is water vapors . Also there is no taste unless you leave it on while its not lit and gas is just pouring out

7. Where Does Candle Wax Go?

It combusts but it turns into hydrogen, oxygen, their magical combination, and carbon dioxide

Supplement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraffin

8. I bought an I-tal a while ago, just to try something new. I use a Vector KGM Thunderbird lighter exclusively (it's basically a Zippo that runs on Butane. It's the best lighter in the universe) with the exception of this little experiment.

It was a little underwhelming,I suppose. It cornered better than anything I've ever used, there was no taste, and it was supremely maneuverable, but I don't really care about cornering unless I'm smoking someone else's weed, and I can do it well enough with my Thunderbird. And butane is taste-neutral as well. It's also a little annoying, because you have to light the wick with a lighter, candle or match. It's a needless hassle, and it makes toking on-the-go rather difficult.

I still have the bundle lying around; I haven't used it since. If you don't mind the necessity of an external lighting source, it's great for smoking at-home, but there isn't really too much of a difference between a wick and butane.

9. I use beeline, but I ran out a while ago and haven't smoked in a while so I had no need to buy any. I picked up today though so I need to grab one of those 20 foot spools of it cuz the stuff is amazing. I'm always trying to teach my friends how to use it but they never wanna try, they would rather torch up the bowl with a lighter.

10. I use either a glass wand or Beeline to smoke

11. I use both, but I like hempwick more! :D I keep a few feet wrapped around my bong.

12. haven't used any wicks but they probably taste way better... i notice a taste difference between my jet lighters and bics... with the jet lighters tasting way better since u pretty much can corner bowls with hot air, you dont actually put the jet flame in the bowl... and once it sparks you take the lighter away and it doesn't impart any gas taste

13. the first time I used my hempline, I was SO suprised at how much cleaner the smoke tasted! just puuure nuggy goodness :smoke:

14. proven fact...the long u hold that lighter over the bowl, the more butane goes into ur lungs...and butane is terirble for u..helps get u sick and cough

15. I sometimes use it. My friend has it coiled around the stem of his bong. It works good except it's hard to keep a good light sometimes and it ashses

16. Look at it like this.....
    Take your mouth put it over your Bic
    Press the gas button and suck.

and to anyone that says you hardly use any butane because you barely light the weed wellll then.....
    What happens when you have to pull a bowl through?:confused:
    and yes okay some people pop the ash out, but still most people pull the ass through

17. do not inhale raw butane gas, that's not the same after combustion... i dont know what butane releases but it's probably like water and something shrugs

18. YEs not only is butane toxic as fuck to inhale (linked to depression!), but the hempwick also retains the flavor of the natural herb unlike the tainted taste you get from lighters. Yes, they might be easier, but do you really wanna sacrifice your health for the lazy sake of convenience? :wave:

19. So this means that black residue that most of us have seen collect when the lighter is only burning butane is... Water vapor???

20. Hemp wick is awesome, its a pain to use outdoors but its well worth the benefits