How many US States are there?

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazinX1, May 10, 2008.

1. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2. o boy, im an obama supporter but umm COME ON WTF IS THAT MAN, theres 50 STATES...
    yikes

this just kinda makes me embarassed for the guy :(

3. Dude, it was an obvious joke..... :laughing: :p

4. i really doubt that was a joke, and if it was, he should have at least made a little smile, or some sort of indication that he was joking/being sarcastic...what a fucking moron.

5. It seems as if he had a lapsus. 47 + 2 = 49.
    Would make sense, no ?

6. one too many puffs of the ganj to relieve the stress of campaigning :rolleyes:

7. Yeah, joke or not, who cares? You honestly think a member of the U.S. Senate, who's currently running for president, doesn't actually know how many states there are? If it wasn't a joke, then it was a slip of the tongue... candidates often get very little sleep because of how much they have to campaign, and they spend hours of every day answering the same questions over and over, so it's not surprising that they might not be on top of their game every second, especially in such a tight race like this one. Obama's been labeled numerous times as the best speaker of any politician in recent history, he's bound to misspeak eventually.

8. ^^Doesn't matter why, its still funny

9. That means he's covered half the U.S. now, right???:confused::confused_2:

10. Obviously a joke. He smiled, the audience chuckled, and he's obviously intelligent enough to know how many states there are.... :roll:

11. I'll believe you, as you are one of the leading Obama enthusiasts on Grass City, but It wasn't too obvious to me :bongin: :confused:

12. It was not a joke...

Another article states:

"At a later stop Obama was talking with reporters and expressed concern he'd also mis-stated the number of potential cyclone victims in Burma. He said, ""I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It's a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh." At that point, an aide cut him off and ushered journalists out. Before he could mis-speak again?)"\

But really, think about how many times you mis-speak, and think of how many times it's something ridiculous like that. Now imagine that you are running for president and giving multiple speeches everyday and a camera is always on you. It's bound to happen, hell, look at how much our current president does it...

13. Not everyone is perfect ^_^

14. yeah but the current president is a retard. i expect better of obama honestly, he is a much better speaker and more intelligent...and this slip up pissed me off, and made me laugh....

15. its funny how bush can make mistakes in speeches and is called a moron and obama makes a few and is played off as being a human, not everyone is perfect. Haha thats bull.

16. Wow...I don't know what to say about that right now. I'm a big Obama supporter though. Hopefully he was high.

17. Now that I think about it they aren't making a big deal out of it because It's obvious it was a mistake. You would have to be a complete moron to think theres 57 states.

18. There's always the chance that he was exhausted. Or he could of been making a joke and tried to play it off whenever he didn't get a response.

Or it could have been both. I don't follow the race well enought to know if I would support him or not, but come on, it seems like an honest, tired mistake to me.

Ever been at work and have somebody ask you how long you've been there because you do something stupid? Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

19. Ummm yeah, for those of you who don't think it was a joke, it was a joke.

Edit: Okay wait, now after reading that other article passage where he states it was a slip, I look like a moron, silly me.

20. lol Actually, I take what I had back on second listen. He clearly meant 47. 1 to go. Plus the two he wasn't going to. How many hours a night is he sleeping again?