How many times have you gotten physically hurt in your life how and why?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by KoopaKing, Jun 4, 2010.

1. I've about 3 severe injuries in my life from

1.When being 8 my friend let go of the wagon handle going downhill and the bar hit me in the eyebrow.

2.Skateboarding

3.Bike handlebar crushing my fingers on my right hand when going to grass to cement into a ditch.

2. I put two giant holes in my arm.

How? Needle.
    Why? The high seemed unreachable.

3. ive broken- collar bone, fenur, all my fingers multiple times, 3 broken ribs and compressed 3 discs in my back
    when 10 or 12 i spilled boiling water on my chest and had serious burns. ive also had many other burns mostly resulting from teenage stupidity
    when i was 5-8 i scraped my knees multiple time from biking, once so badly i couldn't walk for a couple days
    ive had one concussion
    too many cuts to count
    and i'm not even half-way done with life woo-hoo!!! :hello:

4. got tackled into the corner of a doorway fucking around in someones basement and had to get stitches around my eye.

broke my thumb when i fell skateboarding and smacked it against the rail.

bruised tail bone skateboarding.

burned my hand pretty bad on a pizza oven at work. still have a scar on my wrist.

busted a fingernail off not to long ago being drunk and stupid.

those are really the only things that stand out right now. prolly a ton more i'm forgetting. :smoking:

5. Despite what an absolute klutz I am, I've yet to break a bone.

I've been hit by a car in high school.

Nearly blinded by jumping off the couch and hitting the side of my head into the corner of a cabinet.

Bruised tailbone ice skating.

Smacked my head around a lot snowboarding, enough to crack my helmet.

6. What does this have to do with Science & Nature?

7. Pushed down the stairs, cracked my head open, seven stitches. (13 years old)
    Punched with knuckle dusters, broken nose (14 years old)
    Hit with metal dog chain, cut on head, 4 stitches (15 years old)
    Stabbed in the arm, wasn't too serious. (17 years old)

Those are my serious ones, I have been 'physically hurt' hundreds more times but those are the main ones.

8. Hit by a guy driving a landscaping co. truck on my motorcycle. He didn't look to his left at all, just to his right, then punched it right as I rolled in front of him (I had 100% right of way). Smashed my foot between his bumper and my bike, did plenty of soft tissue damage and broke a toe, a couple tiny patches of road rash.

Got a new bike years later, went too fast into a decreasing radius turn and went off the road into the bushes. A sharp branch (I think) partially amputated my left ring finger, ripped it open from the 2nd knuckle on the middle finger side to the last knuckle on the pinky side. The tendon on top of the finger is gone, the last knuckle is fused so I can't make a fist at all. The tip of my finger is pointing about 30* towards my pinky, makes for a really funny reaction when I flip someone off with it :p

Broke my left femur in another wreck. They put a titanium rod in it, was supposed to come out but the screw they put in my bone at the bottom by my knee is somehow bent :confused: My knee is all kinds of fucked up, and the leg still isn't nearly as strong as it should be. This wreck also really fucked up my back, just sittin here right now it's pretty damn sore :(

Before taking up bikes, I had surgery on the same knee back in high school. I somehow tore the meniscus in it, had arthroscopic surgery and was on crutches for a few months. My leg was badly atrophied but my arms and other leg were pretty ripped :D

Those are about the only serious injuries I've had so far.

9. broken every finger various ways but mostly hockey.
    fractured knuckle or of the sort- punched a cement wall multiple times why beats me
    alot of stitch worthy cuts but fuck it they heal on there own stitches are useless. one good one was when i was like 7 i bought a pocket knife at a dollar store and wanted to see how sharp it was so i slide it on my finger( ya bright 7 yr old eh?) didnt do anything so i put more pressure. i bled for a long ass time my shirt was covered in blood went thru like 3 towels then in stopped for then.

nothing serious never been to the hospital

10. Broke 2 fingers wrestling in high school
    Left hernia surgery when I was deployed to Iraq
    Right knee surgery when I was in the service
    Perforated my ear drum when I was snowboarding (hit my jaw hard enough it popped my eardrum)
    Lets see.... Sprained my ankle a few times
    Hairline fractured my foot jumping in a shallow ass pond.

hahaha once I was climbing a fence, my pants got caught, the fence just bent as my face smashed on the cement, and then the fence pulled me back giving my whole face a pretty nasty road rash...

I'm sure there are hundreds more.. but those are the big ones.

11. Broke the same arm twice :(

1. Roller blading with friend, fractured it.
    2. Day after I got my cast off from the first fracture.... Scooter racing with same friend clean break... Pushed the bone back into place,, freaky...

12. Hell yea :-D

13. 1. 2 bones broken in leg - ice skating
    2. ruptured spleen - skiing

14. Oops I meant to put it in Pandora's Box, if a mod reads this could they kindly move it there? Please and thank you.:D

15. I was hit once by an elderly woman on the way to school when I was younger. It was February and this ladies windshield was completely frosted over except for a small square she carved out. I pressed the button for the crosswalk timer, the timer started and I started walking. As I stepped out I got hit because she was turning the corner. I only got a few scrapes and bruises she ended up getting a ticket for reckless driving and she left the scene of the accident before she notified police.

The other major injury I got was my senior year of high school. We were playing ultimate Frisbee and a very portly fellow thought it would be funny to tackle me for the Frisbee and my knee cap got dislocated and stuck. Got a ton of morphine and an ambulance ride to get it back in place.

16. 1. I had a dislocation of the arm from pizza delivery.

2. I passed out and slammed my head on the toilet, after driving to and from Mt. Rushmore in 72 hours.

3. I cut my foot open when I was like 11 walking around barefoot, The hero took me to the wrong house first and jogged half the way around the block and got me home. I severed a vein.

4. My day hit me in the face with an open hand when I was 9.

5. I am Sun burned now.

Way too many times....