how many stoners drop out of college?

Discussion in 'General' started by d.m.t dreams, Oct 29, 2009.

1. well im going to grossmont college and i dont think im ready for it. but i live with my parents and they r strict about that.

around december im going to tell them i dropped out...

good times

2. too many.

its hard, but you gotta try to stick it out. Trust me I know.

3. I did sadly :(
    I don't blame it on pot though

More so on video games and me thinking my old high school study/reading habits would be enough to pass....they werent

4. You haven't done that yet?

Bad call.

Stay in school - for real. If you don't think you're ready yet, that's fine. Don't lie to them though. Tell them you'll go when you feel ready - if you even plan on going.

I won't try and misguide you - in this sad day and age of the information revolution, you are nothing without an education. Certainly, people can succeed without an education, there's no doubt there. But what else will you be doing? How will you sustain yourself? How will you support yourself through life without a decent paying job?

And furthermore, wouldn't you rather have a career or job that you actually care about and are interested in? It certainly makes a difference.

All I'm saying is, don't quit school. Maybe now isn't a good time, but keep in mind that you'll want a degree sometime in the future. It appears that having one makes you a lot more employable. Who would've thought?

5. question is not how many stoners have dropped out, but how many people with no self control have dropped out?

alot, this could from weed, alcohol, or video games.

dont put cannabis or anything infront of your studies. write a list of daily priorties and make sure you complete everything before consuming cannabis.

remember you control it, dont let it control you

6. Grossmont for real! Socal east county right? all my homies go there

7. You're givin' us non-drop-out stoners a bad name!

Just kidding... kind of.

Stay in school, kidz.

8. i dropped outta high school, I can't live how everyone wants me to, go to school, go to college, get a job, get a wife, work your ass off for spoiled kids who will only love you at age 21 and up after they moved outta the house and stopped taking you for granite, than you die, sure you had some fun moments but those really only lasted a couple of hours at night at a club, or maybe some vacation where your kids didn't get into a fight, and cause a huge fight between you and your wife, most of your time spent was checking your email inbox and wearing retarded clothes as you did repetitive tasks every day at your job, than coming home to your wife bitching about how we need the kitchen painted.

no sir, I dropped outta high school decided to start my own path, taking the one least taken, so far everything seems pretty good, i am lot happier than i was before, im even thinking of giving up my job (as a designer) and living homeless with a friend, i really can't stand society.

9. A lot of people, stoners or not, drop out of college. My theory is that the stoners that drop out would do so anyway, regardless of the herb.

10. only the first semester but im stickin it out. i wont get shit done if i drop out.

11. Why did you drop out?

12. I usually just went for the education and not so much for the grades or the degree. I never really was motivated to do well maybe because i was smoking pot all the time but school was just something i did to pass the time. Going back soon after some time because getting that degree will probably be the best thing i do to get a decent job in the future doing something that isn't so bad..

13. i hate to be another statistic but sadly i think i'm going to be dropping out after this semester ends. smoking doesn't really have anything to do with it, i just don't think i'm ready for college yet. eventually i plan on going back but right now i think i just need time to think about what i really want in life instead of just putting money into a degree i might not be happy with 5 years from now.

14. Well first of all, did you like the program you were taking? Is that the career you want to do for the rest of your life? I've seen a lot of people either drop out or live miserable lives at campus because they suddenly realize they don't want to be in college. There seems to be a social stigma that in order to be successful, you have to go to college. My advise is to drop out (yes i know, but at least you wont be wasting any more money), go travel for a bit and then figure out what path you want to take in life; do you want to go back to college? or maybe learn a skilled trade.

15. Just because you "aren't ready for it" doesn't mean you can't make yourself ready for it. "Not ready for it" just translates to "I'm a lazy ass motherfucker."

But if you want to have a shitty life that's you're call.

16. People can do well having not gone to college. It's not an instant pass to have a shitty life. I'm doing pretty good, but i didn't really have the chance to go.

17. Oh no doubt, but the majority of people that get into college and then decide that it's "not right for them" aren't exactly the type to excel at life. You have to be a hard worker, like yourself, to get anywhere without a college degree.

It's pretty much indisputable, that in this day and age, you aren't getting a well-paying job without at least a bachelors degree, or a connect in some company.

18. Well those were some good comments , thanks.
    I was doing ok and then missed a couple of my test and somthin happend and I missed 2 weeks...

19. just let your parents know that you messed up this semester, but you really want to focus and try to do better. Also, see if your college has a semester forgiveness program, that way it won't mess up your GPA.

20. [quote name='k.smith904']just let your parents know that you messed up this semester, but you really want to focus and try to do better. Also, see if your college has a semester forgiveness program, that way it won't mess up your GPA.[/QUOT
    Interesting, thanks I'll look into that