How many square feet is your apartment?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by NeXtDimensionBeing, Jan 25, 2016.

1. I have an issue. I'm never satisfied.

I just moved into a new apartment and it's 700 square feet, one bed, bath, kitchen, and living room. But I feel a little cramped in it. And I could have gotten a 1000+ square foot place for the same price at the time because of a special, but I didn't take it because I figured I don't need 3 bedrooms. But now I'm beating myself on the head for trying to be minimalistic in that moment. Seriously regret that decision.

But I have read people live in 400 sq. Ft. And would love to have 700 so I guess I should be thankful..... Idk..... I'll have a house one day so this situation will be invalid then.. but for the time being an extra room for an office would be nice ..

How many sq. Ft. do you have? How many people/pets? And are you happy with it?

2. IDK how many sq feet I have in my 1 bdrm. Just me and the wife. and a cat. I am happy

3. when I lived in an apartment, it was about 900 Sq feet. It was a 2 bedroom with balcony.

I've also lived in a 1 bedroom house that was about 400 Sq feet. Very small house.

4. I have an office, a workout center and a king size bed all in my bedroom. Its always a little bit hectic in here, but it saves the clutter from forming around the rest of the house. Square feet don't mean shit, use the space well.

5. The lake house is about 1800 sq ft...three bedrooms and three baths. Small storage unit out back that I don't use and just let the neighbor make use of. That being said, I concur with the previous poster that it is about how you make use of the space...I have had places that just did not work for the furnishings I had although, by the numbers, they were larger than what I wound up with.

6. I'm really into gratuitous space. I need a lot of it.

7. it is wonderful isn't it?

The house I'm renting now, is quite large, however the way it is built, feels cramped. Long halls and not many open space feel.

The house I'm about to purchase, is less sq feet, but it is very open space, lots of light coming in as well. Feels much larger than current house but smaller.

8. I love open layout and a good flow.

9. I was thinking of this right before i went to bed and thought it was funny. One of my clients is a hoarder and i invited him over to my house one day. We were practicing cleaning my house to prep for anxiety with his cleaning and at one point, he opens the closet door, which by my standards, was full. I'm like "We can't put anything else in there, its full!" i look at it, there is maybe 10 inches of clearing inbetween the top of the mess in the closet and the ceiling and hes all "Its not full yet!" and starts throwing shit up there hahahaha.

I believe there are hoarders, but also kind of like reverse hoarders, where there needs to be an abundant of space that needs to be empty and clean. Its funny how each are looked at differently, or when two siblings fight for the extra miniscule square footage in the bigger room that they really are not going to use anyways.

How did this whole mentality of needing to have more and more worm itself into our society? Just crazy. Maybe it has always been there.

10. Hoarders are scary.

11. I grew up in a very cramped two story house with a family on each floor. I slept in the living room on a pull out couch for most of my childhood and early teens. I've earned every inch I can afford lol.