How many PM's you got? 'stoned'

Discussion in 'General' started by NealCaffery, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 141.

2. people need to start deleting those if you already havent

keeping those around only makes the City slower.....lets cut out some of the junk people :)

3. Idk dude they're just text files...

4. Still clutters up the database..and i don't know how the city organizes their database but most likely their in the same db as the posts. Maybe not, though.

edit: haha at least i don't have to worry about causing any clutter :p

5. Welcome, KAdernal.
    \t\t\tYou last visited: Today at 12:01 AM \t\t\t
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 14.

im a loser.

Sometimes I look at how long Ive been a member, and how many posts I have, then i see people who have been members since like a month ago with more posts than me. Like i love GC but do people have lives?

6. Some people are just robots.

7. Some people are squirrel handed. Gregor is a weird name.

/H*R reference

Unread 0, Total 153

8. Welcome, AlbinoRhino.
    You last visited: Yesterday at 08:17 PM
    Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 16.

9. I just cut mine down to 120.

10. 152 now, but if it DOES in fact slow down GC, i will delete them..

Could i get a conformation from someone who actually knows?

11. Uberjoint? Where art thou?

12. I don't know how much the PMs slow the site down. I'll contact Jimmy about that and get back to you guys. I do know that they take up space and it would help if a gazillion PMs weren't stored in the database. I just recently cleaned all of mine out and kept the info that I needed somewhere else rather than here.

13. i only brought it up because on another forum i was at(a tad bit smaller than here) the PMs were filling up the site quickly and was causing it to be sllloooowwww so i figured GC would be the same way

maybe it is set up different, idk

14. I just talked to Jimmy about it. They did a lot of work on the database recently. It's not really necessary for everyone to clean out PMs right now. Of course, housecleaning is always a good thing so if anyone feels motivated, then have at it. It feels good to clean out a full PM box! Trust me!!! :p But as I said, Jimmy thinks that it's not really necessary.

I appreciate the looking out for the City, though. :)

15. I delte mine after I get done reading them. I am usually one of the people who store their PM's for a while because I think I might need them later on down the road...but I have come to realize I always forget I have them in the first place so i just dlete em. :p