how many plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chasejordon, May 9, 2017.

1. i have a 2.5x2.5 space.
    i have a MH 400 watt with a wing reflector, switching to 400watt HPS for flower.
    all will be 3 gallon smart pots.
    i'm currently growing 2 autoflowers, but next grow id like to go for 4 or maybe 6 if feasible.
    how many plants would my light efficiently support?

2. Probably two

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. a 400 watt HPS system with a reflector can only support TWO small autoflowers? uh, really?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Depends on how small they are but yeah. I currently use a 350w full spectrum for each plant I grow. It's all about light coverage and the more plants you add the less light each gets.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im running 5 in a 48x48 they are photoperiod but im runnin outa space and i got 3 weeks of veg left 20170509_160953_HDR.jpg

6. you have a 400 watt hps?

7. what do you think of 5 plants under a 400 watt hps system with wingreflector. 1 in middle and 4 around it, with 4 cfl lamps around the outside?

8. Honestly 2 is going to be cramped but it should be fine if you put them in opposite corners. It's a tiny tent there isn't much you can do.

9. My first grow I flowered an amnesia strain under my 315 cmh. I lst her, topped her, showed her all the love. She gave me six and half ounces of some great bud.

My next grow I have random Cali med grade seeds unknown. (One turned out to be sour diesel). I end up flower three under my cmh 315...

Can you guess the yield? It was just over 6 ounce with a lot of popcorn nugs due to them not getting proper lighting. I would say two is good of you plan to scrog. That will allow you to set the growing space . An 400 HP's might be good for an 3*3 scrog but even that might be to big for the light.

You should upgrade to an 600 or higher and use the 400 for an veg light

FuZzY back in Garden. Second grow. CMH-315 sun system. 4x4 tent soil. Lets have fun
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.p...system.-4x4-tent-soil.-Lets-have-fun.1443872/