how many plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by diabloman523, Dec 24, 2006.

1. ok.. so i have a grow box that is (1.8'x1.2'x1.8') how many plants do you think i can fit in there?
    im just doing this for a little thing to do in my spare time and dont really expect to get a lot of yeild from..im thinking that i will be able to fit 2 in there.
    but would it be possible to fit a third plant too? i plan on doing lst..
    also with this limted space how large do you think the plant(s) should be when i flower them?

2. a gentleman who goes by -mu on here had a good response to a similar question

something to the effect that the yeild from one plant 100'' tall will be the same as fifty 2'' tall plants

so grow one till it fills the box, or save some time and grow three to get the same yeild in 1/3 the time

but this is all in theory coming from me, i prolly dont remember -mu's exact words, and i have no auctual grow experience, i have just spent many many hours learning on this forum, couple hours a day for the last few weeks

get some other opinions and goodluck:D

p.s.- ive also heard females almost double in size by the end of flowing, might wanna factor that in

3. yea,. i knew the plants grew about twice the size.
    and thanks for the responce.

4. You don't really have the height for an HPS in there. With that space I'd say get some flouro tubes, however many you can cram into the top of your cabinet, so you essentially have a wall of light on top of your plants. Then I'd say to do a SOG setup int there. You'll have a bunch of small plants instead of a couple bigger ones. Then the vertical space won't be that big an issue, and you'll still be able to fill that cab up with buds. Let us know what you decide on......

5. well, with me... i like to do things as much with materials from around the house... i already have about 125 watts of cfls in there.. and im planning on getting another 100-150 watts in there..so as for the filling of the box with as many as i can fit.. like how many are we talking? and what should a plant them in as they obviously wont need a 5 gallon bucket? if i just use a normal planter that is like 5" in diameter i could probably fit about 6 or 7 in there and if i do that.. would it be best to do a SCROG instead of a LST on them?

6. Both scrog and LST are essentially the same thing, if you think about it. I'd say those are both meant to get the most out of the least amount of plants. If you choose to use one of these though, you will need a larger pot for your plants. They will still need plenty of room for there roots to grow, because the plant will be low, but large (bushy.) If you just go with the sea of green, then you could just put a bunch of smaller pots in the growing area (probably around 9 I'd say) Cubic pots are the best, for they get the most volume out of the area they fill. If you just veg the plants till the are about 7inches or so, then go into flowering, you should have plenty of vertical room for the plants to continue growing, and you'll have plenty of bud to smoke after harvest.

7. thanks for all your help. its greatly appreciated
    and how much of a yeild do you think veging till 8 inches will get me for, lets say, 5 female plants? i know that there are a lot of variables but what is just an estimate?

8. could anyone give me an estamate on how much bud i should expect from 5 females vegged untill 8 inches high?