How many plants will my greenhouse fit? What size buckets should i use?How many lbs could i yield?

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by OgGreens, May 12, 2021.

1. Hey whats up yall. I recently built this greenhouse and I'm wondering how many plants I should put inside and how many lbs could I yield. I have 5 regular seedlings in it right now and I'm planning on planting a few feminized seeds just to guarantee that I have some females. The greenhouse is 12 feet long, 4 feet wide and I at least want to grow 3 lbs so that it can have flower for a year but the more the merrier, I can give some to my dad. So how many plants should plan for and what size buckets should I use? Any Growing, transplanting, feeding, and topping advice would be helpful also. I currently have them in light warrior, i have a bag of Ocean forest I am thinking about transplanting them into when the time comes and haven't bought any nutes yet.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pictures

Attached Files:

3. I’d say 4-6 plants depending on how big they get. Maybe even 8. Keep moving up pot size as they fill them. For final containers 20 gallons would work good. Probably a pound of each plant. It’s all dependent on what size they get. You said 7’ high I wouldn’t top them, that’ll just slow them down. Bend em over a little, tuck the big leaves and watch them grow. I think your 3 pound goal is reasonable.

Good luck on the season.

4. 4ft is too narrow for mature plants side by side, so I'd say maybe 5 plants, and container size depends on height really. I use 5-gallon felt pots and my plants get to 6 or 7 ft.