How many plants should I grow with my space?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by natjuicybuds, Dec 19, 2011.

• The room in feet is: 14.5length 10width and 9tall.
      I have 4 1000w digital ballasts air cooled with ducting.
      4 4x6 trays in the 4 corners of the room.

My last grow I used 7 gallon smart pots with 9 in each tray. I am not really happy with the yield I am getting off this combination though :(.

It might have been the strain, or the number of the plants and the size vegged.

Anyway I am wondering what size pots and how many plants is your guys sweet spot? What would you recommend? I want to try a heavy yielding strain next grow as well, so I know whether it was the strain or not. Anything other then plain ole Big bud, not my favorite smoke :D .

Thanks guys happy Highlidays!

1. #2 HydroBuilderCom, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    I would have 12 plants in each tray (3 rows of 4) in 3 gallon pots if you can fit them. If not, maybe 3 rows of 3.

2. if you fill the trays up with rockwool cubes you can put a decent sog in there

3. If I do 3 gallon, I can probably fit 4 or 5 in each row and probably 4-6 rows because when I do 7 gallons, I can fit 12 in the tray.

I have grown with Coco, soil and hydroton but not rockwoll, what size cubes do you use?

4. IMO rockwool is over complicated. Soil or Hydroton would be easier... Coco would be Easiest

5. #6 JonJonJon, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
    I use 6x6x6 - they work really well, and easy to use. Just remember to sit the cubes in clean water (fill up a bathtub and let the water sit for 24 hrs so it can be ph stabilized) and then put the cubes in there for 24 hrs, then they're ready to use.

@hydrobuilder - why over complicated? its just a ph neutral medium.:confused:

edit: you can put a coco "sheet" (not sure of the proper word) under the cubes to allow healthier root growth which is what I did. Perfect combination IMO

6. NONE :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

All seeds are strictly for souvenir purposes only or for storage in case the laws may change and for the conservation of cannabis seeds. Seeds sold may not be germinated in countries not legal to do so.
    WARNING: IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE TO GERMINATE CANNABIS SEEDS IN MOST COUNTRIES