How many plants per 1000w light ?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JollyGreenGrower, Sep 6, 2015.

1. first time grower, i ended up with 32 blue dream clones, its been three weeks and half the plants look like shit and i now am starting to wonder if i over did it?????? How many plants is ideal per 1000w light??? HELP PLEASE AND THANK YOUUUUU

2. #2 lotek590, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
    9 in 3 gallon pots
    unless you want to sog, and then as many as you can fit under the light in 1 gal pots
    or 4 in 10 gal if you mainline
    or one if you are a serious scrogger

3. so i should 24 plants in total each in a 3 gallon pot? 12 per light ??

4. #4 JollyGreenGrower, Sep 6, 2015
    right now im 3 weeks into veg, growning in rockwool with a third day feed schedule. The plastic baskets i have them in now are too small my roots are starting to show through the rockwool and will soon be coming through the open slots along the basket, i plan to do a scrog but want my plants/light ratio be right so i can stop wasting time with my not so pretty plants

5. most scroggers grow one under 600w, So if heat and electricity is not a problem, you have them beat.
    other than that, I can't hel[p you, I'm just a dirt farmer

6. and also . . . the better half of my plants are about 12 in and i think its partially do to my pots/plastic baskets being so small but i was wonder how tall/big should this strain be before i put it into flower???

7. THANK YOU very much my friend, the info u gave me helped regardless. I think ill go 8 plants in 3 gallon pots per light

8. yes, that's cool. It's just a matter of matching your containers and growing technique to the foot print of your light. Most commercai growers never touch their plants, but home growers often use pruning or training to get the most out of their lights.
    When I was using 1000w mh/hps from seed we would start about 16 and then after we culled the males we would end up with about 6 to 12 under the light.in 3 gal pots.
    If you are starting with clones I don't really like pruning.
    under 1000w figure about 1/4 oz per plant and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
    the health of my plants improved dramatically when I switched to airpots and Epsoma Tomato Tone.

9. LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH 16 UNDER 2 LIGHTS, HOPEFULLY WITH THE SCROG I CAN PULL MORE THAN A 1/4 OZ OUT OF EACH PLANT. THANKS ONCE AGAIN

10. #10 lotek590, Sep 6, 2015
    oh yeah, with scrog you can get a pound or more from just one plant if you are patient
    figure about 1/4 oz per top

11. how tall before i throw it into the 12/12 cycle??

12. If your running 2000w lights and you only wanna pull a 8th of one plant..sorry to say your wasting your time and money...to be honest with you, you should be putting out if they even half vegges decent a couple zips per plant! I have a 2000w light set up and I stick 6 plants in 10 gallon under ea! Remember more roots is more fruits! Also don't forget that the cross over light from both lights you can stick 4-6 in the middle of them lights are side by side, for a total of 18-24 plants. Not all are gonna fit with 10 gallons so switch it up and add 3 and 5 gallons to the mix!

13. 6 to 8 MAX. I run 4, 1,000 watt lights and only run about 24 plants a cycle.

14. AWESOME thank u guys so much, this morning i transplanted 15 plants from my original 32 from the tiny rockwools cubes i was using into an unknown soil that is over a year old, really just couldnt afford new soil. . . did some extensive research and saw that as long as i flushed/sanitized/let enzymes breakdown old roots in the soil its worth a try. . . wish me luck ahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  15. very helpfull thanks. . . . SO, had some 12 + month old pots of plants that withered and died forever ago. Reused the soil, flush/sanitized, and added nutes to soil. Sanitized pots, 13 1 gallon pots and 2 2 gallon pots for the bigger 2 of my final 15. I usually water today but i dunno if i should due to the nutes still being in the soil, tips of leaves are starting to point/curl down about an hour after the transplant. Really took a chance transplanting in this soil. . . but hey, dunno til u try right????

16. and just so u guys know, im using the flora series nutes, gro,bloom,micro for hardwater, and floralicious plus. and the strain im growing is blue dream

17. bought some clones from a guy he got over on me, had a bug infestation, let the ladybugs go to work it was nice. he also was the one that set me up with everything i have as far as nutes and grow style since before this i was absolutely clueless. . . but now the pots have been outgrown and im starting to think these plastic buckets or baskets i used were meant from a hydro system grow because if i didnt transplant the roots would just grow right out of the open slots. SO with very little money i find myself in this perdicament where i reacted and this is now what i have, hopefully my plants will survive and produce some nice flowers

18. runnin 15 :)