how many plants in growroom

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokedoctors, Jun 21, 2008.

1. hi all can u help me i have a4x4 growroom with reflective sheet on three sides i use 4oow hd and 400w hps i have a blower and extractor,now i only have 4 plants in at the moment cos i was told if the plants touch they will stretch and be useless but when i look at pics on some sites they are shoulder to shoulder so i am at a loss and i am crap at math so tryin to work it out myself is a definate no no thanks for readin my problem hope some one can help

2. my recommendation is to grow 1 per square foot, in ur case, u can probably get 16 of them in there. Wait til 45 days of veg, and than switch to flowering. Than flower for an additional 8 weeks. You should be able to get close to 2 pounds if you spend the time and money to do it right. I grew 8 in 8 square feet and got 23 ounces. Thats a little over 1.5 pounds!! So check it out. I just am in the process of finishing my grow. Head back to the "general indoor growing" and my thread is titled, "how to harvest 70 plants". Hit it up for some cool pix and throw me some qustions/advice.

3. you think its possible to get 2 lbs from 16 plants?

would u use 800 watts or 400? and im guessing you would use 6"x"6 square pots...get back to me thanks

4. I think if you take his advice and try and grow 16 plants under two 400W lamps, you might be lucky to get a few ounces of shitty weed. Keep it at 100W per plant to get max yeild.

5. I used to be a big fan of cramming my rooms with as many plants as I could squeeze in. After a few rounds of problems with moisture and disease I started scaling back. Giving the plants just an extra inch or so of room can make a big difference in the over-all health of the garden.

Interestingly enough my yields actually went up slightly, in the less crowded rooms, in spite of the lower plant count.

To answer the original question, Plants will not get stretchy because they touch. Tons of factors lead to stretching including: strain, temp differentials, lighting too far away, and improper nutrient schedule. I'd personally go for no more than 10-12 plants. With your 800 watts of lighting I'd guess a yield of 8-16 oz.

6. You definately are on the low side without question. 4 plants? You are wasting your time in my opinion. I have 7 plants in 8 sq ft and I could have put a few more in there. I am actually switching away from soil and moving to Bubbler hydroponics. I am going for 17 plants in 8sq ft of space, but that is hydroponics where it is much easier to do that. Soil takes up a lot of space. When growing more plants in one area, you need to train them. I have found it best to trim the side branches back and just produce the main cola top. You should be using an indica dominant strain and you'll find that 70% of your product is from that main cola anyways. The side branches just use up space that you could have grown another plant in. Side branches also use up plant energy that could have further developed that main cola. For maximum results its best to produce dense main colas then tons of side shoots.

Check out SeeMoreBuds dot com. He has a website that shows how this is done. His DVDs are also listed on torrent sites I believe.

Good luck!