How many plants do you think I can fit in 80 x 80 x 180 cm tent under 400w hps?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by james.wolverine97, Jan 24, 2015.

1. So I'm currently growing 2 type of strains in a 30Litre pot each, my next grow I want to try 2 new strains but at the same time don't want my current strains to be wasted  as I'm low on seed + I'd have a higher chance starting from a clone than a seed. so I want to clone my 2 current strains, I have 3 new strains that I want to try next grow so 5 different strains all together, 2 sativa dominant and 3 indica dominant. 

2. #2 killset, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    If I'm thinking right 30 litres is like 7 -8 gallon, maybe I'm wrong .....that's a lot under that light. Its footprint wouldn't cover the space it takes to hold 5 pots of that size, smaller pots and much smaller plants and smaller yields would be doable. Additional lighting would be needed. See you got the growing bug now, not many people stick with just a plant or two for very long. But you don't want to outgrow what you have until you can upgrade.

3. Under a 400 watt with that size pot? 2 plants maybe 3. Also kinda depends how big your hood is.

I can fit 4 of those pots in the tent side by side and another 2 side by side., here's how it looks

Attached Files:

5. You can fit however many pots side by side as you want, a 400 watt light doesn't have the penetration or foot print needed to cover 5 pots of that size.

6. Those can't be 30 liters can they? 30 liters is 7.9 gallons, that's a huge container. Those don't look that big

7. You maybe right I thought they were, they look quite huge actually, so will 4 of those pots that size work in the tent? 

8. #8 killset, Jan 24, 2015
    What size are they?......I know you don't want to hear this but your going to need a 2nd area set up in order to take clones. Personally I take clones 2 weeks before flower. That means I have at least 10-12 weeks that I need to have something to do with those clones. Clones grow a lot faster then plants grown from seed. This is what some of us were trying to get across before, you have to plan ahead

9. #9 killset, Jan 24, 2015
    An 8 gallon pot would make those seedlings look super tiny.....I'm guessing here but I'm thinking maybe 3 gallons or roughly 12 liters. Maybe 5 or 20 liters, but they don't seem that big in the pic. A 400 watt would be hard pressed to even cover 5 of those. But without knowing the pot size I'm just guessing.

10. will about 30w be okay for clones ? (like 2 clones)

11. #13 killset, Jan 24, 2015
    for the 1st week or 2.....but in a months time your going to have full size plants and still have 4-6 more weeks of growing before the others are ready to come out of your tent

12. #14 killset, Jan 24, 2015
    3 plants under a 250 watt cfl isn't going to last very long. Is 250 the equivalent or actual watts?. Either way you need at least 100 actual watts per plant if you want a decent yield and thats at the very minimum for cfls, they hardly have any penetration, rotating them or not. You'll be lucky to get much off those plants.

13. 250 actual watts and they're doing just fine this runs going to be a bit short so I should be good, thanks though.

Check out my Grow Diary http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1353460-ThePuffinator's-Perpetual-Grow-LED/CFL

Useful info thanks. 

15. Mate, I use 30 litre pots, and my last grow only just managed to fit 8 into a 2.4 x 1.2 m tent.....the light coverage is somewhat irrelevant lol, it would be impossible to fit 5 in a 80 x 80 cm tent. 

James, unless you plan on buying another tent, you can't fit more than 2 or at a push 3 30 litre pots in there without sacrificing yield and making them very uncomfortable. 

16. Just saw the pics lol, they aren't 30 litre pots. 

Hahah I thought they were man sorry haha, check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1354033-grow-journal-how-i-came-grow.html