How many plants could I fit in my tent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Exzyro, Aug 24, 2017.

1. #1 Exzyro, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    How many plants could I fit in my 2x2x4 tent(Feet)? Based on my last Grow I feel as if I could only grow 1 but idk how the plants form when grown close together

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 4x2xwhat?

In a 4x2 you could fit 4 smaller ones in 3 gallon pots... or you could do a sog in 1 gallon pots with like 10 or so maybe more maybe less.... or you could do two large plants or one large plant. It's also going to depend on how much light you have... how tall is the tent? because I doubt it's only 2 foot tall.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh you mean 2x2x4... yeah those are good for one plant... you could go with 3 gallon fabric pots and fit a couple plants In there instead of using that large bucket... either way in that space I recommend a fabric pot over a bucket period... not enough room and the pots are half the height of the buckets. You could try a sog in the 2x2 as well though just see how many 1 gallon pots you could fit in the tent and it also works better with clones imo.

But in that tent I would just recommend one plant in a 5-7 gallon fabric pot LST'd and completely fill out the canopy. Maybe use a scrog

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea sorry I put that in wrong lol but thank you for the help!

5. I have a 4x4x6.5 tent and I can fit 4 good sized plants in there, barely. I would say one or maybe two depending on the pot size. I personally use 7 gallon smart pots.

6. Why is everyone always trying to stuff lots of plants in a space? .. the question should be "fewest amount of plants to utilize this grow size with this type of lighting?"

1 plant in a 2x3 will yield more than 2 plants in the same sized area

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 generic98547, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    It also takes longer to veg two though so it just has its pros and cons... I like growing large plants but this next grow I'm throwing 4 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots in my 4x2 with a scrog instead of two that away I can fill it out faster and flip to bloom quicker. Now I will say one big reason is probably that a lot of these guys have multiple strains and want to harvest 4-6 different strains at a time... not saying that's the OP's reasoning just saying that's probably a lot of people's reasoning which I could understand... if I had the choice of one or two plants with two different strains I'd probably choose going with two myself. Again though I am a fan of larger plants but it depends how much weed I have on hand lol... I don't have the time to be vegging larger plants out right now or I'll run out of weed a solid month before harvest.. its a trade off I'll take lol and maybe my next grow I'll switch back to two plants if I harvest enough. Ideally for me though I'd like to flower 2-3 plants in my 4x2 all different strains but i just haven't gotten to that point yet... it's just stepping stones before this next bloom cycle I plan on adding at least an extra 100-200W and the grow after I'll probably incorporate a new bean.. wanting to try a strain that has a decent amount of CBD in it. But that'll be after these special queen clones because I have to many of them I'm going to probably end up giving some away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You aren't going to want to crowd more then two plants into that size of space. Your bigger issue will be growing a short stout plant to fit with the height of your growing area.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry new grower my last Grow was my first I didn't really think about the fact that the more plants the less light each gets makes sense I will stick with one.

10. There are lots of different styles of growing that suits different people.. but unless you're doing a sea of green type grow with a short veg time, you will get a higher yield off 1 plant than 2 in that area. Plants don't like competing for light. Obviously a 4x4 it would make sense to grow 3-4 but once you go over that you're sacrificing yield due to space restraints