how many plants can you grow under a 400 hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by generaldahnke13, Aug 5, 2009.

1. i plan on using fox farm soil, it will be a 8x8x8 room, the growing room will have a reflective mylar, i also plan using flora nova nutes. What can i expect my first yeild to be i plan on growin arjans ultra haze #2(is there a better yeilding as dank plant). all tips appricated

2. it all depends my friend, it depends on how your grow goes,

if your plants get sick, nutrient defficient, ph problems, light burn, light cycles are wrong, feedlings times, watering times, over fertilization,

all of these factors and more are dependant on how much your yeild will be, if you do it by the book you should be ok, the cloeset guess you could have is looking at green house seeds and having a look at the average harvest of the strain, then lowering it slightly i would imagine as this is the highest yeild of the plant because you wont get it right first time?

im assuming you havent grown before?

hope this helps.

3. i got about 12 3 foot plants under the 400

4. fatskunnk where you growing 8x8x8 which is the same growspace?

and out of interest how many plants did you flower with a 400w?

5. its about like 4X 8 feet

i flowerd 12 plants

6. im growing with the same bulb in a tent of 2x1x1m and at the moment i have 4 plants and 4 NL seedlings, just was interested on your oppinion on how many i can flower?

anyones guess really dependant on size.

7. 4 x 8ft

4 foot high?

8 foot wide? or?

8. 4 feet wide 8 feet long and about 5.8 feet tall i got a small basement

9. yeah nice, im growing in a grow tent which is around half the size so i was working out how many plants i can get away with flowering.

what strain did you grow?

10. humm i have grown fatskunk, juicy fruit , and others

i got about 4 ounces off each plants this was all by soil too no hydro

11. yeah im growing in soil too, next time im gonna do some hydro and SCROG with a 400 or 600.

12. id stick to soil man

u get the best weed

hydro u jsut get more

soil way better and stornger

13. is it possible to 4 ounces off each of my 6 plants arjans ultra number #2 with a 400 mh/hps. what is the average yeild you guys get

14. most probably man, if you are using a blue spec MH for veg and a orange spec HPS for flowering, with all the right nutes at the right times then i think thats easily possible. the main thing is nutrient defficeny that lowers yeild. my friend has grown with me before but this is my first grow that im doing.

check it out its on the first page under first ever grow.

im sure hoping to get 4 o's or more from my plants lol. :D

15. ho do i view first grow ever, what is a really dank plant with huge yeilds

16. its my grow journal on indoor growing near the top man. have a look at green house seeds,

some good ones i was gonna pick are here... copy paste from.

Cannabis Seeds

this is in London as i live there but im sure you can find these seeds on other banks.

Royal Queen - Northern Light 100% FEM 5 seeds

Seedism - White Skunk - 5 seeds feminised

Green House Feminised - Arjan's Ultra Haze #1

Seedism - BLZ Bud

Green House Feminised - Nevilles Haze

Positronics - Purple Haze 100% Feminised

Barney's Honey B - 100% Feminised

Barney's Phatt Fruity - 100% Feminised

Barney's Phatt Fruity - 100% Feminised

Seedism 5 Feminised Seeds - Twista 108

Seedism - NevilleBerry - 5 seeds feminised

CH9 Feminised Seeds - Green Bud

Green House Seeds Feminised - Nevilles Haze

Green House Feminised - The Church

World of Seeds Feminised - Pakistan Valley

Pyramid Seeds - White Widow - 3 seeds feminised

Medical Collection - Afghan Kush x White Widow

hope this helps

17. FatSkunk, did you say you got 4 O's per plant, off of 12 plants under a 400 watt HID? That is over a Kilo of weed my friend. 1344G's to be exact , 3 pounds exactly. I really dont believe that im sorry, if you did my appologies but wow that is very VERY hard to believe.

18. ^Agreed^. Ive been thinking about growing like 9 plants in a 3x3 area under a 400 watt, with an 80 cfm fan. Am i wrong to think this should work because a 400w covers a 3x3 area and therefore i could put 9 plants under it in 3 rows of 3, right?

19. 9 plants is definitly doable and youll get a nice harvest, but if your looking for maximum quality, i would only go with about 4 or 5 plants, you might even end up with a higher yield. More plants isn't always better in this case.

20. hi there guys i hit 17oz dry of three 4 foot plants using a 400 watt hps.. dont belive me ???? look at my old thread for the pics or il uplaoad them on here if needed...
    it not the number of plants its how much weed your after u could grow 100 plants under a 400 watt light but the results will be shit.. the fewer you grow the more you will pull keep this in mind

peace out