How many plants can i put in my grow tent

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by xChiefxBigBudx, Aug 22, 2011.

1. This will be my 1st grow
    Have a grow tent from HTG supply..
    It's 23x36x63 in size and I am using a 400 watt hps light..

How many plants can imput in there... And anyone know anything about the scrog method..? Plz helpp

2. 4-6 in my opinion

3. #3 xChiefxBigBudx, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Damn really I thought I'd here ppl saying 2 or 3..
    Do u know about scrolling...?

4. No idea what that is :D

5. I'd say 2 max. Personally I'd just do 1 but LST it real nice so it fills up that tent.

6. #6 xChiefxBigBudx, Aug 22, 2011
    So don't mind me asking the logic behind u guys methods bcuz 1 person says 4 -6 and then u say 1 to 2... Why is that.. And I'm not familiar with LST what's that stand for so I can look it up..

7. i say one also the logic is the space u have maybe 2 plants at max but if run anything ove 3 gallon pots u will not have the space for it and if u put 6 in ther u will get one top cola and thats it per plant and a 400 hps will get way to hot for in there u going to need a good cooling soultion!

8. #8 xChiefxBigBudx, Aug 22, 2011
    Ok well my tent comes with (2) 3 gallon buckets so just go with 2...?

9. i would go ahead and try the 2

10. Search for LST on here. It's the best thing for tent grows IMO

11. Start with two and learn LST or super cropping. Just do a search on this site and you'll learn more than you will need to. With the 400 water you can pull over 12 inch colas.

12. I'd say about 18 plants....

It's called a SOG.

13. sog only works for tall plants

14. That's simply not true.

In fact, with a 400w lamp, I'll only suggest he grows SOG or ScOG. If he doesn't mind more plants - SOG, if he doesn't mind a long-ass veg time - ScOG.

15. u can do 2. im using a 400w light myself. u def dont wanna go any more than that. and u should get a decent return. but whatever u put into your set up, you should get back, so u will b alright with 2 and a 400w light. i had a bigger tent, same light and did 7

16. OK so after my search on GC... My research tells me the following
    1) LST training looks complicated as fukc...lol
    2) after the comments above (2) plants is what I'll start with and
    3) SCroG still looks like it will be my grow method...
    4) I hear certain strains are easier to start growing with especially with the scrog method
    4a) northern lights, LA Women, Early Girl any others...? N I can only grow 2 plants at a time here..lol

Now I'm going to do more scrog research so I don't fukc that up... This will be my first grow..
    Is there anyone on this forum that actually grows for a LIVING.. As in quit my sucky aszz job...

17. It's starting to sound like LST growing is better than scrog screen of green growing.. LST is soo complicated tho or am I tripping.. Lol anyway here's all that came with my setup I research and wonder am I missing any key elements to my setup.. Cause I'm running out of money... Lol

Theres this complete grow tent on HTGSupply.com
    (23Deep by 36Wide by 63Tall) (23x36x63).
    It currently can come with there bubbleboy system
    (2) 3.5 gallon buckets)DWC bucket grow style
    with air pump
    4" air stone included & Tubing..
    Comes with a 400 watt HPS light reflector ballast and AgroMaxbulb
    (1)Light Hanger
    (1) 6 inch clip fan
    (1) 6inch Inline fan **Heard this fan sucks though**(Need your opinion)
    (1)Digital pH checker
    (1)Thermometer/Hygrometer
    (1) 1Liter Bottle Set of Advanced Nutrients (Micro, Bloom, Grow)
    (1)Bag of Hydroton Grow Medium

Heres the link to the Tent and everything included...
    http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-HTG...-Tent-kit.asp#
    Everything included without the combo fan $501.85...

Heres the link to the 4inch Duct Fan Carbon Filter Combo Unit
    http://www.htgsupply.com/files/admin...on.asp?id=3540
    Do you think I should get this Combo fan also because its not included and runs me an additional $119.99 in total...
    My Price went from $501.85 in total to $620.25

18. YOu won't be growing for a living with 1 400 watt light, unless you consider cropping out 4 ounces every 3 months a living. Go with 2 plants. Get Blue Widow for Scrog Dinafem.

19. #19 xChiefxBigBudx, Aug 22, 2011
    Ok I get everything ur saying bro.. Lmao and yea 1 400 watt won't be much of a living I agree but I was talking after I upgrade a few times after my grows if they're successful... Lol but of 2 plants I'm looking at 4 ounces... Every 3 months... There is no way to get more cycles other than have 2 separate grow tents....? I already know I need a separate one for vegging.. All u pro growers would agree.. If I had a veg room with a few mothers in it would it make the process faster than 3 months at a time..? And what's dinafem...? Never heard of that.. Is that a strain..?

20. Dinafem is a breeder and seed distributor. I suggest buying seeds from Attitude seedbank and selecting their discreet guarenteed shipping method which is extra but comes in a tshirt (seeds wrapped in t-shirt). I myself havn't tried the dinafem blue widow, but I do have 4 of their feminized blue widow seeds. I'm currently growing Dinafem Critical + (x8) plus a Cali hash plant and a Pineapple chunk (check my 600 watt signature link below if your interested). My first grow I used a 400 watt with similar setup and got about 4.5 ounces with high yielding plants (Sour Cream, L.S.D.) Thats the second link I got is the harvest.

I believe a website rule here is not to talk about selling so I'd be warry about talking about making a living off of it. I would suggest practicing 1-3 grows with what you have and perfecting a single strain, id also suggest setting aside an entire bedroom for flowering if you were to be a full time grower with no other job. Again I'm just a novice.