How Many People Are In Space?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Trippers, Jul 17, 2014.

1. How they put the number so upfront made me laugh. Straight to the point.... I like it.

2. no women right now? well that would really blow. no space gangbangs for them!

3. Earth is in space, therefore all humans are in space! (but most of us are not outside the earth's atmosphere)

4. #6 IIGooGII, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    I think it means in the vacuum more so than space itself.

Edit: Do you think Maksim Surayev gets picked on for being the only human in outer space right now that isn't a flight engineer?

lol. Actually... if they're not currently spacewalking, then they're in the artificial non-vacuum environment...

And Surayev is listed as "Commander," so... idk if that's haze-worthy or not. But i suppose they might joke about it.

6. No, but they are surviving by artificial means and to me that puts them way out of the Earth element and into the "space" element. Without their human created environment they (obviously) wouldn't be able to survive in space. The vessel in which keeps them alive is the same vessel that is experiencing the vacuum. Just because the astronauts are not directly affected by the vacuum at all times, does not mean that location-wise, they aren't outside of the Earth's atmosphere - "Space". Technicalities, really.

And the Surayev comment was more or less a rhetorical joke, than anything, lol.

Yeah i know, i was just trying to have some fun with this. (why i disclaimed the original statement and clarified that most of us remain within the earth's atmosphere)

8. As was I. Which is why I responded to you :p

isnt surayev higher then flight engineer? i mean he is a pilot and all

It's a real sausage fest up there

11. #13 Deleted member 42976, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    technically we're all in Space since our planet is floating through Space.
    having sex in zero Gs would be next to impossible anyhow.

12. #14 organicpandemic, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    i thought both nasa and russia had done sexperiments in space? i think out of a range of positions they only found like 4 that would work. who knows about contraception/pregnancy tho.

13. I was basing my info off of this vsauce video lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTL_sJycQAA

14. #16 organicpandemic, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    wtf did i just watch? my brain