Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of you stoners drink coffee?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by iCeD MeTaL, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Indeed

2. Im a slave to breathing.

3. Before work

4. I was to the point I was drinking 2 pots a day at work. I occasionally have it now, don't feel the need like I used to. But I also wasn't smoking for about 6 months either. Sometimes it makes me gaggy after drinking it. Anyone else have that problem?

5. I love coffee once in a while or if I didn't get much sleep the night before.

6. #26 PinkFloyd42o, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    Try drinking hot tea. Earl grey is my favorite. But you HAVE TO get it from a Persian store, they have the best kind. The kind from the grocery stores suck balls. Always buy loose tea leaves and never in a tea bag. Tea bags are the dust remains from handling the quality tea leaves.

Black tea has way less caffeine and is really good for you. Try adding a couple drops of rose water or orange blossom water in your tea. Or my favorite is to add a 4-5 saffron threads. Cardamom pods are also really good. These are all Persian ways to drink tea.

Buy a double teapot that is pretty much a smaller tea pot that is stacked on top of a bigger one. Better ones have porcelain pots on top. Add water to the bigger (bottom pot) and bring to a boil. Add a couple of teaspoons of loose tea leaves (add cardamom, rose water, ect..NOT SAFFRON!) ...ect and add it to the smaller top pot. Add the hot water to the smaller pot withe the loose tea leaves. Let the tea steep for atleast 15mins and keep the bottom pot with the water hot but not boiling. The tea leaves will settle to the bottom during this time also.

Pretty much you are making a tea concentrate. Get some small clear tea glasses and warm the by pouring some hot water in them for 30 seconds and return water. Fill 1/3 of the glass with the tea (saffron can be added now) concentrate and then fill the rest with hot water. What is great about this is you can control how strong one likes their tea. Add some sugar or honey and your set.

This is the traditional way to make Persian tea and its delicious, best tea I ever had.

7. ^ i like a cup of tea at night before bed. i've had good tea, and what i make is not good tea. it's the grocery store garbage--i don't know any places that sell good loose-leaf tea, guess i gotta look around more. i still like it just because i like having something hot to sip on. i usually just add too much honey and make it extra sweet to compensate for mediocre taste.

anyway, thanks for the post. i never knew the "right" way to make tea, so that inspired me to really look around for a local shop to buy some good leaves from.

8. [quote name='"PinkFloyd42o"']Try drinking hot tea. Earl grey is my favorite. But you HAVE TO get it from a Persian store, they have the best kind. The kind from the grocery stores suck balls. Always buy loose tea leaves and never in a tea bag. Tea bags are the dust remains from handling the quality tea leaves.

Black tea has way less caffeine and is really good for you. Try adding a couple drops of rose water or orange blossom water in your tea. Or my favorite is to add a 4-5 saffron threads. Cardamom pods are also really good. These are all Persian ways to drink tea.

Buy a double teapot that is pretty much a smaller tea pot that is stacked on top of a bigger one. Better ones have porcelain pots on top. Add water to the bigger (bottom pot) and bring to a boil. Add a couple of teaspoons of loose tea leaves (add cardamom, rose water, ect..NOT SAFFRON!) ...ect and add it to the smaller top pot. Add the hot water to the smaller pot withe the loose tea leaves. Let the tea steep for atleast 15mins and keep the bottom pot with the water hot but not boiling. The tea leaves will settle to the bottom during this time also.

Pretty much you are making a tea concentrate. Get some small clear tea glasses and warm the by pouring some hot water in them for 30 seconds and return water. Fill 1/3 of the glass withe the tea (saffron can be added now) concentrate and then the rest with water. What is great about this is you can control how strong one likes their tea. Add some sugar or honey and your set.

This is the traditional way to make Persian tea and its delicious, best tea I ever had.[/quote]

Man that sounds good. How much would one of those double pots run me?

9. Yeah man I know what you mean...store bought tea always has a bitter/sour taste you cant get rid of.

The way I explained it its alot easier to balance the tea to your liking. But make sure you let it steep for at least 15mins...I even think its better at 20-25mins.

Go to a gourmet grocery store or search for tea room/tea shops. But order a double tea pot from online....

Here is a site that makes some different style of the same concept though.

Pino

I have one they dont make anymore and I love it and use it everyday. The best part is that its a electric kettle that heats up boiling water real quick and the other part where you make you tea concentrate has a hot plate under it to keep it hot..

I leave mine all day (with the tea in it still) so I can have a cup of tea anytime I want, you just might have to adjust the ratio of tea to water as it will be a bit stronger.

Make sure you buy some small clear glass tea cups so you can see the ratio sizes you need to add. You will learn after a little how to fix it by color by holding it in the light. That website has tea cups for sale also if you decide to buy a tea tray.

This is my favorite earl grey tea btw....try it, you will thank me.

Ceylon Earl Grey Tea | Online Persian Grocery

10. #30 PinkFloyd42o, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012
    You can find them on amazon for $40.00, they are metal but they still work great. You will just have to clean them by boiling water and vinegar inside every 2 months or so depending on how much you use it. It will take off that calcium and mineral build up you cant get off and make it shine like new! :smoke:

http://www.amazon.com/Tmvel-Double-...85153&sr=1-6&keywords=double+tea+pots+turkish

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038KVKE4...&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&ref=asc_df_B0038KVKE4

Any other questions let me know!

11. tea man, I haaaate the coffeeeeeeeee tastes like poop

12. I drink coffee black, mainly because I can't taste the difference between cigarettes, weed, or bitterness. So I say why get that sugar crash from sugar.

I rarely drink coffee but when I do it hits me hard I get super hyper.

13. Have never used caffeine on a regular basis.
    Coffee just doesn't appeal to me
    I prefer water and weed

14. I recently started roasting my own coffee using a cheap hot air popcorn machine my Mother gave me. I love the flavor of all the different regions. I drink day and night! Sweetmarias.com is where I got beans and tons of information. I drink more then a gallon a day, black. I roast my beans a bit light just past first crack.

15. water and kool aid is all I need.

16. Coffee, water, and tea are the only liquids that enter my body.

17. I like a good cup of coffee, black. I'd say, it's more of a weekend treat for me though. During the week i just don't have the time. I kind of prefer it that way though, it's nice to start off a Saturday and Sunday with a nice bong snap and a cup of coffee. :bongin:

18. I've drank coffee once or twice in my life. Green tea ftw.

19. I put down 1-2a day.
    Though lately since I've been out of coffee at home and not bothered to buy any, I've only had one in the last week while out.
    Do you guys have "Donut King"? Surprisingly enough in my suburb they actually make a better coffee than some of the cafes do...so it's my go-to while shopping.

I love me some coffee though.
    There's been times I've had it every morning, and any time I'm sitting down...at the moment though I might have 3 hot drinks tea and/or coffee a day.

20. I'll drink coffee on occasion but personally I prefer a nice cup of tea of I need a caffeine boost :)