How many of you knew Haiti existed before the disaster?

Discussion in 'General' started by kcrenots, Jan 18, 2010.

1. ....

You can't be serious... you must be trollin'.

Fuck.... you people had to have taken Geography at some point in your life.

No amount of facepalm images can express the facepalming required for this situation.

read a book or something. Look at a damn map once in a while. come on now.

2. I've never needed to know about it so why would I?

And I am rather well educated thank you very much. ;)

3. i knew about haiti^^

4. Yeah I knew about it

I used to work with a guy we called the Haitian Sensation

5. Actually, I only took geography for two years. And we covered things like soil content and cliffs but never such useless facts as actual countries or where they might be.

6. Ive seen worse geography skills.
    In the high school I went to some people thought we where living in south America, Some couldn't even name any continent, Its like most of them never looked at a globe or map in there life.

From my experience the more urban public school you go to the easier the work is, and im really not trying to be racist but its because 2/3 of the kids are some kind of Mexican and can barely speak English, and there seems to be just a lot more plain dumb people.

If you went to a suburban and then a inner city school you would know what im talking about.

7. Aww I was hoping to come back to this thread and find it still at X to 1.
    You guys let me down.

8. Too bad, it would've grounded you a bit to know that GB isn't the be-all-end-all :rolleyes:

9. I fucking hate the arrogance of "Great" Britain. Throughout time, it's been one of the world's biggest evils. Anyway, I'm a Scot, not a Briton. ;)

My point is, if you have no reason to know something, it doesn't make you an idiot for not knowing it..

10. #50 assandgrass, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
    wow i didnt know there were different kinds of mexicans. :rolleyes:I went to a urban public school and am now going to a private university and I somewhat agree with you. The work is only easier if your in the same classes with the dumb people. And you get put in those classes if your previous work shows that your dumb. Urban public schools do have classes tho for kids who are smart and their work is just as hard as what you would find in a suburban school.

On another note, funny story:

I was helping out at a basketball camp one time while i was in hs. The coach who was running it was my trainer and he needed help with the girls camp. Anyways he jokingly calls out some names to organize the groups but instead he says that the names he had called had won a trip to puerto rico. This one hot blonde who was there goes "Puerto Rico? Is that like in Mexico?" I ended up fucking the stupid out of her. Ahh Good times:wave:

11. It's supposed to be.

12. That's what I thought.

13. theyre hiding the poor.

14. I knew Haiti existed seeing as how it's impossible to not know about Haiti while being a resident or visitor of South Florida or being a graduator of elementary school.

15. I can name every province and capital:confused_2:

16. What is a Haiti?

17. Yeah, I knew the GB would strike a nerve. I was going to settle for "England" but I figured that would've been taking it too far :p

People should generally know what part of the world countries are in. You never know when it'll come up in conversation but hey, if you want to be embarrassed when someone is talking about Guyana and you assume it's in Africa be my guest :wave:.

18. Its Been PROVEN!

there ARE idiots roaming the streets of GC!

my ex is hatian, her name is tatted on my wrist (whistles a tune)

19. It doesn't embarrass me though. I freely admit when I don't know something. Life's all about learning - you aren't going to get anywhere if you pretend to know everything and aren't open to new shit. Geography is definately not my forté, but I know plenty of other stuff.

When I was younger, I was incredibly elitist. But everyone has a pool of knowledge within them, just gotta drink from the fountain!

(+ rep btw)

20. I didn't and I'm usually good at geography.