How many of you knew Haiti existed before the disaster?

Discussion in 'General' started by kcrenots, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Is the OP serious? This is like elementary school common knlowledge:confused:

2. I can't stand people that expect you to know where random places are. The last time I looked at a map was grade 10 history. I know where a lot of countries are, but that's just stuff that stuck in my head. It's useless information that I'm not going to invest time in. I could probably only name 10-20 states and I know where about 5 of them are.

3. + 1

Man, I loved that game.

4. This thread existing makes me loose faith in humanity.

If individuals that have spent 18 years or more on this earth do not know Haiti or the globe for that matter, I dont know what there is to do other than say, your votes shouldnt equal the same as an educated persons vote.

5. yeahh pretty sure i knew about haiti. like a normal person..

but shit, i wonder what did happen to that one kid? hopefully hes alright. thats intense he was just talking about all that, and bam an earthquake hits.

6. #26 rumandromanism, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010

Well, you aren't American. Can you name all of your provinces and their capitals at least?

7. I didn't...

But I tend to focus on my own mind. Things outside it tend to be less prevelant.

8. #28 TearDownGod, Jan 18, 2010

Pfft like Canadians can name every province or whatever? I understand your probably chafing under American stupidity but at least point out that we aren't the only ones, because it's not true of course. And I agree with you for the most part.

edit-
    Not that I don't know the name and location of every state, heh. If you don't know the names and general locations of at least 45 then you're probably a fool.

9. lol the op thought it was ok he didnt know, but now that hes .. almooost alone, im sure he feels like a dumbass.

how do you finish high school and all the other grades and not once have a class or assignment to study, a movie shown or watched or vacation taken to that part of the world.
    there are so many ways that you could of seen or learned about the country.

lol have you been playing video games and hiding in a box for a while ? :wave:

10. Dude, are you serious?

I thought the kid in my genetics class who said "Is that near hawaii?" was an idiot. At least he knew it was a country :rolleyes:.

11. Aint that the truth. Apparently theres people who can't even point out the united states (the entire fucking country) on a map/globe. I didn't know such ignorance was possible outside of the mentally impaired. I'm pretty sure even my friends autistic cousin could point out the united states on a globe.

12. thats because your Canadian, the bar is lowered for you guys

13. Any American who has access to any kind of map who doesn't know the location of the US should be taken outside and shot.

14. Im pretty sure every third grader in any developed country is aware of Haiti..

15. #35 rumandromanism, Jan 18, 2010

They should be able to name every province, there are only 10 provinces and 3 territories. It's funny when Americans don't even know how many provinces Canada has.

BTW I couldn't even understand what you were trying to say in your post. Maybe try again with more focus?

16. No problem with the provinces, but I'd probably have trouble matching the capitals. I passed my geography exam by memorizing everything the minute before we started. Then I wrote it all down before I forgot.

I just don't have enough repetition to remember everything.

17. Short Term Memory is a bitch, eh?

How many of us know the states of Mexico though?

:hide:

18. #38 TearDownGod, Jan 18, 2010

^^^yeah that's true.
    I'm not very articulate, sorry. :( I'm saying I agree with your being of critical of Americans, but you concentrate to much on the US. and not just the whole concept of stupidity/ignorance in general. I understand that dealing with stupid Americans on a daily has probably made you more aware of their fuckedupedness but tell me there aren't generally the same amount of ignorant people in (insert essentially any country on earth here) as there are here?

edit!!- WHAT? Mexico has states?! i thought they were just areas, with names. Fuck me.

19. So everyone is of the view that if you didn't know Haiti existed before now, you're an idiot?

20. How the fuck could you not? Finish grade school