How many of you have anxiety ?

Discussion in 'General' started by StuckInMyMinddd, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Exactly what the title says. Im just curious.

2. I used to. Bad.
    Then I had some crazy things happen in my life and I moved past the anxiety into much deeper things.
    It's a fight, but the victor's prize is amazing.

3. I imagine it is buddy. would you mind sharing all that ? maybe in a private message?

4. I do but Ill get over it.

5. Good attitude man. that's definitely gonna help you get past it faster.

6. I've noticed in the past year or so I've been suffering from mild anxiety. Sometimes it feels as if I'm thinking about something too much to the point where I'm just daydreaming or not paying attention to what anyone's saying. Not sure if this is anxiety haha.

When I try going to sleep at night one of the main reasons I can't go to sleep is because my mind is going berserk. I even feel that sometimes when I smoke it gets worse because it puts me more in my mind. I'm not sure if this is due to depression or what but I wasn't always like this.

7. Well, what are the thoughts in your head like? bad ones? ones that's scare you?

8. P.S. I thought your name (InMyMind) was pretty interesting considering that's where I am most of the time, seriously.

9. Yeah, my name is talking about that exactly also haha. That seems too be where I am most of the time also, I mean everyone is obviously but it seems I'm more aware of it, like I ponder on EVERYTHING which I have just recently turned into an inciting and good thing .

10. Well say at work most of the time while I'm waiting for a call I notice everyone chatting with each other and I'm worried what will happen if the person next to me decides to talk to me. Most of the time we just sit there awkwardly next to each other which stresses me out more because I don't know how to break the awkwardness. When these situations stress me out too much I usually decide to go on a bathroom break. Again, I'm not sure if this is anxiety lol.

11. #11 sfsc, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
    everyone has/has had anxiety.

anxiety is normal.

excessive and unrelenting anxiety is another ballpark though.

social anxiety?

or maybe you have a bored brain and are unstimulated and just keep running scenarios through your head because there's nothing better to do? ;)

a lot of people confuse awkwardness/nervousness for anxiety and it drives me insane.

12. I wish I could turn it into a good thing. Sometimes I'm thinking so intensely that it feels like I'm talking to myself but inside of my head. Idk sounds weird but yeah... Bleh.

13. have you ever tried meditation?

14. I always had a bit of anxiety but this last year it's been really bad.

Any time I'm around people I don't really know I start sweating from my pits and its nasty as fuck.

It's been a bit better lately but I haven't been out that much for it to happen.

15. One way to deal with anxiety. Is to remember to breathe deeply and repeat to yourself "this feeling will pass" over and over and often within 5 minutes you will start feeling normal.

http://lo-zrecords.com/

16. Wow, EXACTLY how I feel. I get so lost in my thoughts, especially when I'm high. I'm so deep in my head, I can't function and socialize with people.

During school I failed all my classes because my thoughts made me daydream and I was always distracted. The inner thoughts make me depressed, isolated and self conscious.

The only thing that seems to quiet them were when my doc prescribed me to those devil pharmas for my ADD. Drinking stuff like coffee and energy drinks seemed to help a little bit too. Alcohol helps a lot, but I try to stay away from that because I don't want to develop an addiction.

Not masturbating helps quite a bit, exercise helps a lot. I think I'm going to start my mornings with a run to clear my head.

I heard hybrid or indica strains help too. Sativas make it worse. I really want to give strawberry cough a try, I heard its really head clearing.

I have troubles meditating. I sit there trying to quiet my mind and just focus on my senses, but soon after those racing thoughts come back.

Omega369 :wave:

17. Be careful, I had something happen that cause me have anxiety for about two month straight, it ended up with me being hospitalized and shortly after went into a deep...I mean deep depression, the kind when you just have to stop what your doing (it you are even able to get out of bed), bow your head and start crying,....almost did sucicide, never smoked weed for 8 months, had to live with parents for 3 months before I could live alone again, today it's a success story I eventually got past it all with no anxiety or depression lingering to this day

18. The older I get, the more anxiety I have. This time two years ago though, never had anxiety. Never.

19. I indeed have Anxiety fairly bad

20. I have horrible anxiety and it's completely taken control of my life. I will be seeing someone soon to hopefully help me manage my anxiety a littler better so I'm in control of my life again.