how many of you grow in trees

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by blazey-daisy, Sep 20, 2009.

1. how many of you grow up in trees ? i just need some tips because this is my first grow and it's in a tree :D

2. i will have some pics up soon of where im growing

3. wtf?????????

4. what do you meen wtf you find a nice tree and you grow in it :rolleyes:

5. I read a book several years ago that detailed the "High in the Sky" method. Basically you would rig buckets on pulleys you they could be lowered for watering/feeding then hoisted back up in the tree to grow concealed in the tree top. Sounds like way too much trouble and could be potentially dangerous if a pulley, rope or fastener fails while hoisting a heavy bucket back up into a tree. MJ plants in a tree might not raise any suspicions but several ropes hanging down sure as hell would.

6. im not using ropes, theres a big oak tree in the middle of know where with a flat spot about 20 30 foot up but the bucket is sucured i climb up ti to water it and stuff :)

7. this is some mad shit !!!
    am lookin forward to pics :hello:

8. some of my friends tried this once upon a time, but all that resulted was some sexy mexy.

9. helicopters?

10. i think they were kept generally under the the top of the foliage canopy, but i could be wrong. This also happened before helicopter patrols like that were so prevalent.

11. yeh it's right by a river bank so unless there is a 007 helicopter skimming across the water , then i should be fine.
    but this tree is nere impossible to get up it has a 10 foot trunk with know hand holes or anything and it's about 8 foot round , the tree is about 100 foot and about 70 foot diamiter , we have hidden a rope up there so we can get up attached to a basicly invisible fishing line that goes into a bush.
    You take the rock of the fishing line and the rope comes down. pics probz tommorow or the next day. wow look this is almost turning into a little grow journel lol :smoke:

12. has anyone ever tried it ?

13. #13 DopeCoin Fan420, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
    I Partake in the tree top growing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zYf_mG26Gs

14. its rare not impossible, is very popular in inland Brazil, where it may flood a lot, even in Bangladesh too, as many growers are eating by the local wildlife, growers prefer to hang their plants in socks, like 5 usgallon, most are under 3 us gallons, watering can be an issue so use a volume of peat or moss to hold water, that said avoid over nuting ..better to feed via foilar, and a ladder with a related excuse is always good ..lol

15. my friends and i talk about it but i dont know anybody thats actually done it that way because of snakes hornets wasps spiders and all that it could be deadly.

Sent from deep in my subconscious.

16. I have always pondered this odea

17. We get some noobie every year trying this and everyone fails to post pics or updates. It's a dumb idea as you want as much sunlight as possible plus growing in trees is makes it difficult to water and conduct maintenance in the plant. How are you going to support the branches during flowering to prevent broken branches? Stick to growing on the ground you will have better results.

18. Cool idea, but impractical and way unnecessary.  If you put half as much time in site searching on foot than you would with a tree grow, you'll yield 2x as much with the same amount of plants and you won't have to keep going back to water.  It would still be cool to see though, I'll admit it!

19. In my part of the woods the weather in Oct is rainy sometimes it snows it would be hard to climbe trees.
    What are you doing against the birds so that they cant nest on your plants?Kept on happening to me when i tried this.