How many of you are vegans or vegetarians out there?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by MisterDoctor, May 5, 2009.

1. Just wanted to gauge the amount of vegans/vegetarians in a community like this.
    I am a vegan and have been for three years and I have not consumed meat for four.
    Lacto? Ovo? Pescatarian? Whatever...
    No hate talk, be respectful please.

2. I'm vegan since about six months ago. Vegetarian for two years. Made a thread about exactly the same thing a few weeks ago.

What are your reasons for going vegan?

3. Vegan for the past 2.5 years. I never fancied the idea of taking advantage of and/or eating fellow earthlings.

4. vegetarian for a year and nine months.

i don't eat eggs, drink milk, or eat cheese.. mainly because i just don't like them.

i do eat some things with milk or whey in it though,
    some foods are hard to give up :\

5. im not a true vegetarian but i have recently starting eating nothing but veggies. i am severly over weight and am starting the long journey of turning my life around and living healthy and this is a great place to start :)

6. lacto-vegetarian for 8 years now. i will eat eggs if they are already baked into something, but omelets and the like make me sick :(
    my reason is for health. meat (except poultry) and almost all seafood didn't sit well in my stomach.

7. VEGAN
    for about 2 years since i first learned of all the animal cruelty..