how many of you agree with this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Son of Sam, May 21, 2005.

1. i think, no offense, that the majority of humans are wastes of life. i think the truly fulfilled life is one of service to the needy people. or something. if you spend your life working under someone and u hate your job but you cant quit cause then you wont be making money in a society that is already based around materialism and you dont do anything to at least try to help others ever, i think that is a waste of life. im not talking about just big stuff i mean little stuff. giving homeless dudes change or ur lunch or something, picking up garbage, giving ur friend the bigger half of the bag u went halfsies on cause ur broke asses believe in the above philosophy and dont wanna work for the man because you'd feel like a slave and only be serving the jerkoffs with their rich ass 20 dollar cups of coffee whose names they cant even pronounce correctly, and even if you did work youd be too busy getting stoned, doing homework and helping people out and just being nice that you cant work and you hate the society you live in.

sorry about the rant. im not trying to be disrespectful to all of you hard working people or kids who need jobs to survive in a world where you cant get anywhere without a car (or need a great place to smoke), im being disrespectful to the people with great jobs and plenty of money that think lesser of homeless people or people with low income because they dont have any money which i dont think you will find many of on these wonderful forums. thank god.

wadda u guys think

2. question-
    If the only truly fulfilled life is one of service to the needy people then does that mean the needy peoples' life isn't fulfilled?
    or
    Is a needy person's life not fulfilled cause they don't help themselves but expect others to help them? (I'm not saying all needy people don't try to help themselves)

3. needy people arent always needy cause they're lazy. id rather be a hobo then work for anyone other then myself. im not saying a full life of servitude to the needy, but alot of little things. you dont need to join the peace corps but you should think of other people more then u think of yourself. the only reason im alive is for one reason. to help people. my mental state right now, i figure that thats the only way that i can not be a waste of life. im a depressed person, and if i didnt help people i woulda killed myself long ago. and even tho im only 16 and i have a long life ahead of me, i cant see myself working at all in my future and enjoying my life at the same time.

4. By posting your age, you're simply making yourself a legal liability for GrassCity.

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. I personally would have to disagree with your definition of a fulfilled life. In my opinion, a fulfilled life is one that was lived happily. I think that each individual person was put here to do what they please with their life. If a person is happy, and thinks that their life is fulfilled, then it is fulfilled. If helping needy people makes you happy, then yes, that will fulfill your life. That's just my perception of life.

Personally, I love working. Sometimes it can be a real drag, but as long as the people you work with are fun to be around, I love it. I like having money so I can buy an ounce of chronic to replenish my stash when it runs low. With a good job, I don't have to think twice about something like that. When I don't have a job, I feel like the common perception of a lazy stoner with no job that leeches off of everyone and will never go anywhere in life. I really don't like being smoked out as much as I like smoking other people out. I don't like to borrow money from people. I don't like asking people for favors. I try to rely on myself for everything. With a job, I can do that, and feel good about myself.

Besides, a bowl or two of some nice weed can cure almost any bad day at work.

5. I think there are other humans that are a waste of life other then murder. Child abusers, rapists, beyond gone drug addicts etc... all just a waste of perfectly good enegry.

6. he's right.....and I don't think you understood my answering your question with a question question, I specifically said I didn't think all needy people were like that because of their own fault or because they don't work hard at having a "better" life