How many of these lights for 1 plant...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by deion19, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Wow they make 105 watt daylight cfls too... I couldve had such a cheaper set up with less bulbs if i wouldve researched before i went out and bought lights. Thank you

2. I'd say get 2 so you can spread the light out, make sure there are no dark spots. Yeah it's a high wattage, but it's range isn't really much greater than a bulb half the size. Also, see if you can find something ~6500k. 5500 is good, but 6500k is much better.

3. All the experience I have ever had with CFL's has never produced a decent yield. And the bud is always airy and not potent. Some say that I am totally wrong but now I on'y grow under 1000watt HPS.

4. CFL work really well if you get a 250w in a reflector and spread 3 125w round the plants, you also need to make sure you use the relevant spectrum with cfls so 2 sets of bulbs is needed. You can get them from 3ch.co.uk

5. I use 2 of those 85w fat CFLs for 2 seedlings at a time and then move them to a 400w mh a week or two after popping up.

6. I found some 250-300watt equivalents but they only had "bright white" - is that the same as daylight? or stay away?