1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

how many lumens

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by chocolate thai, Sep 7, 2003.

1. How many lumens should you have on 1 plant? and also if you put more lights on a plant will it grow quicker, lets say i put 4 400 watt hps lights on it will i grow like fuck?

2. its a bit more compleated than that. 4 a start it depends on the size of the plant.

rule of thumb 4 lighting is 50w or 3000 lume per sqft is about the max a plant can use or needs. more than that is wasted.

best use of lights is if u want to cover a large aera of ground then more smaller lights give a betta coverige of lumes. to grow tall plants fewer larger lights r betta.

3. there is an upper limit to the # of lumes u can put on a plant before it starts to actually 'light stress'. mostly its heat on the inner part of the plant but there is also too many # of light packets that start to free ratical and cause the plant to put on layers of thicker cell walls to protect from over stimulation. sorry i dont remember the actual #'s and surely there are diff # per types of plants and their leaves. certianly its well over 6000 lumes so i think u could go a bit crazy.

i got about 3000 and they grow pretty darn quick.

i veg with about 1800-2000 and it seems to be ok. i get a blueberry plant 14in in about 30 days. that is fast enough for me.

Grasscity Deals Near You