how many lumens

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zo1dbergMD, May 14, 2007.

1. so i'm in the flowering stages of a cfl grow and i have about 10800 lumens for one plant. how many lumens do you need to grow some quality bud? should i buy more lights or is this an ok amount?

2. At least 30 watts per square foot. 50-80 is even better. What ever the lumens on that come out to be I don't know.

3. "The goal is 10,000 lumens per plant" - Marijuana Growers Guide

That should give you some decent compact buds if done properly, just keep the lights as close as possible without burning. A few more might not hurt, but you should be fine. Good Luck!!

4. i have 60 watt cfls that says it has 770 lumens. i am not saying that is enough but i would need around 13 more to reach 10,000 mark. seems like too much but there can never be too much light lol

5. i have 46W cfls that are 2700 lumens are you sure your cfls are only 770

6. Its actual watts not CFL equivalent watts that are being discussed, what your likely using is those 13 watt CFLs that a rated at 60 watts, its not the same.

You can't have to much light! period!!! If you can control the heat add more.