How many lights (power usage) is too much?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Jay6984, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts are regarding how many tents/lights you would have/run before getting worried about raising any flags? I like in Ontario, Canada, where it is not yet legal, and I have a 5x5 and 4x4 tents with a 1000W and 600W respectively in each. I've been thinking about maybe expanding a bit more and buying another 5x5 with another 1000W light. I have a 2200sq ft house, and also have AC and a hot tub so my hydro bills aren't really cheap, but I don't wanna go too crazy that I bring heat onto myself. Is this too much?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. lol in Ontario aswell basically not paying your bill and stealing hydro is why people get caught over it.

so pay your bill and don't steal and they wouldn't have any concern over it.

( some city's I know of have metered transformers. so if there is a theft all they have to do is bring up the transformer and cross reference what house meters are drawing what, usually 5 houses per transformer) and boom goes from there.

3. sides the nights are getting cooler why not have an air exchange? vent the tent outside and have air return for the room?

4. Thanks for the reply, I was hoping someone would say something like that. Regarding the AC I was just throwing that out there, as it's one of the bigger loads on the system, I don't have any heat issues with my room

5. You can safely use as much power as you please, as long is the bill is payed. Thats the only thing other people would care about, and you are well below a "large" amount of electricity. Just imagine if your hobby was was electric welding and crafting shit in your home all day? People use a lot of electricity for various reasons. Maybe you are a fisherman and got 20 freezers in your garage...

Just pay the bill u be fine.

6. Awesome, good to hear. I was actually thinking the same thing. I figured unless I turned the whole house into a grow (haha) I'd be fine with what I am doing or want to do. Just wanted some other opinions to give me some clarity. Again, thanks for the replies.

7. just get your growing license, very easy.

If you need a doctor to sign off your ACMPR, give me a DM, ill point you in the right direction.

8. Perfect time to discuss led instead of HID lighting. If u can get the job done with half the wattage u could double your existing set up and be back to where u r now. Since u r comfortable with what u r using now, it would serve 2 purposes. 1..it would allow u to expand 2 ..alow u to sleep at night.