how many lights and what wattage will get me 15 plants 4oz+ of each plant of chronic?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by ganjaman10, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Helps... how many lights and what wattage will get me 15 plants 4oz+ of each plant of chronic?

2. #2 maulcoy, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    50 watts per sq. ft. of floor space.100 watts if you are using co2.As for lights, use HPS or MH .CFLs are a good choice also.Can't guess your yield.1 gram per watt is doable however.

3. Not by someone who has to ask this question, however. 1g/watt is considered a benchmark for solid, experienced growers, and for HID lighting not CFL. By that rule of thumb the OP will need at least 1700 total watts of HID.

4. give me more info, such as what height your growing to, methods, nutes, strain, etc

that question is immpossible to accurately answer without more info

5. it will be my first grow. im planning on doing organics... plants i want to be 3-5 feet..

6. havn't decided on type of nutes yet...

7. yeah i agree with toastybizz, 1gram per watt is really doing something. and i wouldnt really expect 4o's per plant with your first run.how much room do you have to work with? theres so many options that with the info you provided cant really be answered.if i were you i would just get a 400hps and run a few rounds and upgrade from there. but goodluck dude

8. just dont get your hopes up...
    thats all i will say

9. ask me whatever you would need to know. I have enough room, a whole garage. splitting it between two rooms

10. As far as a really rough estimate goes, I'd shoot for 2 x 1000w HPS with 8 plants under each. Since it seems you are running 2 rooms, I'd just do 2 separate rooms running 8 - 10 plants each. As I said though, this is a very rough estimate, but with some experience you should be able to pull your desired 60oz (30oz per room) using a 1000w HPS in each room.

11. Expect curve balls my friend this is not a simple hobbie its not just throwing a seed in some dirt I'd set my first goal at keeping something alive...