How many languages can you speak / anyone learning?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dankleberrys, Jan 18, 2015.

1. It was my new years resolution to pick up spanish, mainly just to see if i could and to use on frequent skate trips to barcelona.

So through the learning process i've been reading up and all sorts of stuff and found these people who can speak 10+ languages, which impressed me alot!

So can you speak more than 1 language?
    What do you use it for?
    Do you want to learn?

and most importantly
    Im learning spanish and anyone with any links/books/tools on conversation and speech then that would be sweeet

What im smoking now also. ---> http://i.imgur.com/febfOls.jpg

Ich kann Deutsch sprechen!
    Ich studiere in Deutschland, bin ein Auslander Student

3. Irish is my mother language, I can also speak English fluently 
    I can speak conversational french and learning some Japanese. 

I've also learnt a bit of scots gaelic (gotta love the Scottish), very similar to Irish

4. I can speak dutch/german

I study in Germany I'm an Australian student

Was I close? I don't speak German

5. I speak 3, well two fluently and one kinda choppy. English , spanish and latin greek which is what i lack on.

6. Dutch=German? No. Just German.
    Austrialian? No. Auslander= Foreign student.

7. Ya I figured that I just don't know why Germany calls themselves Deutschland n shit lol

8. ^^lol they don't call themselves Deutschland, it's just German for Germany. Like Scotland is Scotland, but a French person would say Ecosse. Ya dig?

Can speak a bit of Scots Gaelic, wish I listened more when my dad tried to teach me though. 

9. I speak 3 languages.

10. English, Navajo, a little bit of Spanish, Jicarilla Apache (similar to Navajo because they're actually different bands of the same tribe) and some Zuni.   

11. I know Spanish and English and I'm learning Japanese little by little.

12. Velly goodu, no shame upon famiry.

I used to speak spanish pretty fluently, but then I got stupid. Though after working in grocery/retail for so long here in Commiefornia, I can pretty much still understand most of it.

13. English,ASL and a little spanish

14. English is my native language and I have been studying French for quite a few years now and I would like to think I am starting to have a decent comprehension of it. I've also been studying Japanese on and off for a while but mostly just the written language. I find that learning the Japanese brush strokes have really improved my handwriting in English or French. I also know the cyrillic alphabet. I'm not very familiar with the languages themselves that use cyrillic but at least I can read it.
    I am also able to read Middle English which took me quite a bit of studying to understand and master the accent but once I got it I fell in love with it! It sounds so much nobler than modern English!

15. #15 Chacal, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    As a senior, this is my fourth year of French. French is probably one of the only things I really enjoy learning in school, and use in life. Of course, I don't meet a lot of French people, but I can speak well enough to communicate. 

I had an exchange student from France for two weeks in October. She didn't really speak English that well, or she was too shy too, and we spoke mostly in French. Apparently in France, a lot of kids smoke, and openly (I think it's a lot more accepting for teens to be smoking there). We had a long conversation about weed  :p

Speaking to being high and talking in French, it went one of two ways. Either I could speak really well because I was too in the moment to be constantly worried about making a mistake, or I was like ummm and completely forgot. 

I wanted to take Latin, but never really had time for it. If I was going to learn another language, it would probably be Spanish, just because I want to travel to South America. I'd also like to learn Arabic, but I don't know if I would be able to be too dedicated to it. Spanish would probably be easier since it's a romantic language like French.

16. estoy aprendiendo español, voy a ir a espana en abril por tres meses. Estoy muy emocionado 

If you're going to Barcelona watch out for pick-pockets.  I hear they are everywhere.  O.O

18. I am but only for 3 days, most of the time i'll be in adalucia 

Have fun.  They really know how to party.  :p

You have my condolences. I don't know how I would get through three days if I was surrounded by Spaniards. I hate Castillian Spanish.

• Like Like x 1