How many is to many

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JSgrewit42, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Do you guys think 4 300 Watt mars hydros is to much heat for 27x27 tent. I don’t have an exhaust set up for heat because I haven’t had an issue With just 2 of them. So I planned on ordering 2 more and also some type of in-line fan. My tent isn’t set up as I haven’t moved into my own place so I’m just running one mars until the plants actually get to a good size.

Also this baby is 15 days old and I topped at day 13 at the 3rd node. I ran out of soil the 5 gallon bucket has a little less and the leaves are about to not one side. So I planned on trimming off the big fan leaves leaving just the top node. And then a main line after some growing. What do y’all think about that ? Should I just let it grow and wait ?

Attached Files:

2. Jus get an high cfm exhaust fan. Apollo makes a 490cfm one that kept my 615w LED grow between 76 n 82 mostly if u wanta add AC. Do this Screenshot_2017-12-24-23-07-02.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. I run six of them in a 4x4 24/0 no heat problems. I shut down my 1000w tent in the summer because of heat issues

• Like Like x 1
  4. An exhaust fan isn't only for heat removal. Air exchange is important unless it's a sealed room and you are running co2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Good help thanks a lot guys

6. Yup. But if his problem is heat. A higher cfm fan will work. Always get a more powerful exhaust fan then ur space calls for. Not WAY over. But say ur space only needs 190cfm of exchange. Get like a 250cfm.

7. Especially if u live in a humid tropical climate like I do

8. can I get away with a 4 inch or do I need a 6

9. Well 6" is standard cuz most tent top exhaust holes are 6. But I suppose as long as u have the correct amount of Cubic feet per min it don't matter what sizefan is

10. My tent is standard 6 inch so
    just check my tent and it’s 6 inch so I willl just go with a 6. Thanks for the advice

11. Yup or 4 n jus flange to 6" vent

12. I'd suggest an Apollo 490 cfm exhaust for 3 mars 300s..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 400 at least.

14. Air exchange is SO important

15. You can use the neg pressure to create passive exhaust. N not add another fan for intake too BTW dude

• Like Like x 1
  16. I wanted to add an intake fan. Assuming I can just buy two of the same fans and flip one around. Intake on the bottom and exhaust running out the top ?

17. Honestly dude. After I did my thing w AC w intake. Its pointless unless ur in like a desert lol. Keep exhaust only for!ing neg pressure (sucking in) on tent n jus let Velcro tent vents pull in fresh air. An intake is not necessary w LEDs ull be cleaning the panty hose u have to put over it for dust n bugs like erry 2 days. Trust brother. Intake fan is NOT needed w led lights. An also it won't effect ur scent escape if ur filtering ur exhaust. Jus spend the money on a GOOD high cfm exhaust fan. WITH CONTROLLER! that helps.

• Like Like x 1