How many flushes after nutrient lock out?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Passionate Grower, Jul 7, 2020.

1. My plants have shown signs of calcium and magnesium defficiencies (can't post pics now, but I am sure that are this signs). Yellowing and falling of bottom leaves.
    I gave them Cal-Mag Extra many times, and sprayed them also few times, but it dindn't helped, it was even a bit worse.
    Tomorrow I came ujp with an idea it can be nutrient lockout.
    I have watered them with almost no runoff, used organic (Alga Bloom, Bio Bloom) fertilisers, but almost every day.
    I have flushed them with pure water, checked run-off water, and every one had pH below 6.0, some even 5,5 :eek2:
    So I kept flushing them, 2-3 times whole day, until the pH was over 6.0, and runoof was not yellow, but almost transparent.
    Almost every got pH about 6,2, so today I gave them water with nutes, but half of portion (and watered until runoff).
    But one of them when I checked still had 5,7 today.
    Should I flush her even more?

All are in flowering, 2-3 week. Autoflower strains, but big and quickly growing (except they slowed down because of lockout).

2. What's the pH of the water your using to flush?

3. If in soil do a slurry test. Take a large shot glass of soil. Dig down a little. Than put that into a Tupperware small container. Than put the equal amount of distilled water. Stir for 1 minute and than stick ur ph meter than ur ppm meter. This will show u what's going on! So if ppms are over 400 u just need water and microbes if u use them. Under 400 ppm feed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I started with about 6.7, but when I seen so low pH of runoff, I flushed with 7.0, sometimes even 7.3 (just tap water).

I don't have ppm meter, is it neccesarry?
    Plant slowed down significantly, sho there was lockout for shure.
    Question is can we accept so low pH.

5. We don't want pH that low in soil. Maybe use 6.7ph water and flush until you get alot ALOT of run off.

6. 6.7 is not low ph @ run off for soil.
    You actually want it at 6.5 so your in the perfect range really..
    Screenshot_20200614-224137_Chrome.jpg
    For hydro even lower.. 5.8.

Ppm is certainly required of you want to feed your girls to what they need otherwise your just guessing your way through.

Best of luck
    &
    Happy growings.

7. 6.7 pH of water, I off course know that's perfect for soil :D.
    Runoff was 5.6 at those moment