How many fans do I install in my box for a 150w hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lifespassenger, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,
    I am building a grow box out of one of those storage cabinets I got from home depot. Im going to put a 150watt hps light in it. How many Fans should I install to keep it cool.

Thanks for all your help

2. all depends what size fan ,i have a grow tent i made myself and i have just got a 4in sq pc fan blwing in ,keeps the temp spot on and am use 600 w hps ....

3. ive got a 150 hps for my 4x2x2 growbox and i use only one 120mm(4inch) pc fan and a honeywell 8inch floorfan(to keep air circulating)..it works fine..heres a link to my setup
    http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/miclo20011/2068-i-entered-my-plants-into-12-12.html

4. I have a similiar setup from Lowes. I have found that the doors need to be open to keep temps in the upper 70's. I have two 4 inch inline fans. One exhaust out the roof and intake in back. Had to get a cheap humidifier from Target to get into the 60's for humidity. Good luck. HPS lights get very hot but they are worth it.

5. Wow you guys are lucky, maybe its my bulb, but my 400 watt hps will bake a entire 15x20 foot room plus the closet. I needed a rather large blower fan to get temps down to what I was looking for. Pc fans would be a joke in my case. I if I were to guess I would say more then 1 pc fan, I would do 2 minimum for outtake but thats just me.

6. i have the same problem... im runnin a 250w mh in a 2x3x5 room and with one intake and one exaust temps soar to the 90's..! i dont see how you guys keep temps down with out a ac??? are you guys pullin air form your light? i have a built in ballast on my 250.. so theres no exaust for the light but i was thinkin of drillin a hole in the hood to pul heat from the bulb... i just installed a portable ac in my small ass room so hopefully that helps... anyother ideas?

7. Right now im streaming the blower out of the window with ducting tube. I have another fan in the window the ducting tube is fastened into to make it appear as just another window fan. Then I have another window I just leave open for a passive intake. I taped my vents and got my door as air tight as I could. For now this works but in the winter its going to look weird having a fan billowing heat out of the window. Im going to need a more legit rig soon.