How many clones per plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bigstan96, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Hi All,

Im growing 4 mothers, 4 strains, but how many clones can i take per plant, per week?

Thanks Stan

2. As many as you need :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. So i could take 10 from each plant per week and not kill the plant?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. At the right size, yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It depends on how big a plant it is.
    Bigger plants give more cuts :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. If you need a fair amount of clones regularly, it's important not to take too many off the mothers at once. You should leave as much to grow back as you need to to ensure that you'll have enough clones for the next round.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Have mother plants 4 and 5 years old on a commercial farm, the number is endless as long as you keep the plant healthy.

8. You'll reach a point of diminishing returns where the plant can't keep up and it's ever shrinking.

9. #9 Jörmungandr, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    I'm trying to simplify the cloning process and repurposed containers for my dogs hemp chews seem the perfect vessel for the task; giving each round roughly two weeks in the shadow of other efforts before judging their success or failure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm comfortable taking four to six cuttings per wave from plants like this (vegged for about two months).
    [​IMG]
    Would be greatly interested in hearing about your technique and experience.

10. Mother plants are great, but when I really want to fill a room with one or two cultivars then I need to take hundreds of clones. To do this, I’ll take clones off a mother plant first, getting as many as I can. Maybe I’ll get 30 or so. I’ll plant those into the flower beds and veg them for a couple of weeks to get them thriving before the flip. Just before the flip, I’ll take clones off of them, trying to get 3-4 cuts per plant. Now I have 120 clones. Propagate those to be ready for the next flower room. Plant them, veg for a couple of weeks, take 3-4 cuts per plant before the flip giving me 300 clones for the next run… and on and on. :thumbsup:

• Winner Winner x 1