How many clip on fans for inside the 32x32 tent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the123321, Mar 4, 2020.

1. I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter with 2-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots for the perpetual harvest to plant the plants a few weeks apart to where you could harvest 1-2 plants every few weeks on there for it.

I am now looking for clip on fans for the tent. What size do you recommend? Do you have a brand you recommend? I want the fans as quiet as possible. I do not mind paying a little more for a higher quality fan that is more quiet. How many do you think I would need in a tent like that? Do you think I need 2 clip on fans or would 1 be enough in the tent on there for it?

2. My tent is that size and I have three fans. Surprisingly the one that works better than my other two combined is this Aluam 12$ clip on stroller fan I got on amazon. And it’s super quiet. It just plugs into a usb. It’s small but mighty. :)

3. #3 the123321, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter with 2-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon pots on there for it.

Do you think that pc fans would be strong enough to move air around in the 32x32 tent or are pc fans mostly for very small grows? I want plenty of air movement but I want as little noise in the tent as possible for it. I am looking at the clip on fans though I read that the clip on fans are loud but if they work a lot better than pc fans I would likely do that. I have 4 pc fans with the control for it if those would work enough in the tent on there for it.

4. Thanks. Do you think like 4 pc fans would be strong enough to move air around in the 32x32 tent on there for it?

5. not very expirienced here but pc fans for a so large space sounds like not enough, u should look for bigger fans imo

6. I was running two 6” circulation fans in my 2.5x5 tent. No issues. Now that I’m in flower I took out a heater and added a box fan to push down the air up top. The entire grow ive been using an active air fan on low though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Depends on the CFM rating of the fans. (cubic feet per minute)
    Some are just to low to be of any use.
    Your basic 4 inch (100mm) comes as high as 110 CFM and is adequate for use but does make a fair amount of noise.
    upload_2020-3-4_6-29-9.png

BNW

8. Thanks. Which are the brands of the fans you use in the tent for it?

9. Thanks. I may look into that for it.

10. I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter on it. Which meter for temperature and humidity that I can view on my phone would you recommend for it? Do you have any more high tech reasonably priced equipment for the tent?

11. Thanks. I think if I went that route for the meter I may do the wifi one which I found on there for it. I may look into the vpd. I have not tested the tent to find out if I will need a humidifier for it. It would be nice if I do not need a heater for the tent on there for it.

12. Yeah, depends on the fan's cfm. Some Honeywell tower fans are just 1-3 PC fans stacked on top of each other.

13. Yes they work quite well. Here is my set-up in a 32'' x 32'' shower .
    4 might be enough but I have put 2 more low down and pointing up under the canopy, and a few more around if there is any room.
    For a power supply I adapted a pc power supply unit .
    DSCN4546.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks. I think I may try the pc fans on there for it.

15. I am new to growing. I am looking at the 32x32 tent with the 240w kingbrite quantum board with the ac infinity 6" fan with filter with 3-4 auto plants in coco coir in 3 gallon fabric pots for the perpetual harvest to plant every few weeks to where you could harvest 1-2 plants every few weeks for it. Then you would only have 1-2 plants that are large in the tent at one time on there for it.

Do you defoliate your autos? The 32x32 tent is not very large and it looks like if you trim extra leaves it may make it neater and give more room in the tent for the buds to get the light on there for it. It looks like some people like to defoliate their autos and some do not. I think I would like to defoliate but I do not want to stunt the plant growth. I am looking at doing lst on the plants on there for it.

Would you defoliate your autos for it? What tips do you have for training to make extra room in the tent on there for it?

16. #17 PAOLO1981, Mar 5, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    Hello mate
    i ran only autos for years.... The only time i would defoliate is if the leaf wasn't receiving any light and was dying off...(this happened sometimes with no ill effects to the plant) It won't hurt if you do tho mate! .. just take it easy... I would suggest tucking your leaves if possible if they are blocking any bud sites....
    I would also introduce LST to open the canopy = more light penetration.
    If you have a fan in oscillating on your floor space, i would get a clip on fan (to the tent poles) instead mate.. this will free more space also.
    Good luck

17. I strip leaves continously throughout the grow.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. Take the legs off a pedestal fan and hang it upside down with garden chain. This pushes a lot of air but gently.
    20181229_183140.jpg

19. I also take leaves throughout the entire grow....never noticed any negative effects from it. I think autos are just "pedal to the metal", gung-ho, if you aint first, you're last...they don't slow down for anything(not literally...lol). I've read people say you shouldn't defoliate autos but, I continue to do it with no problem. I also pinch off any "new" branches/bud sites that will draw energy from my main branches.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk